dhr. dr. S. (Sebastian) Krapohl
Faculteit der Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen
Programmagroep: Political Economy and Transnational Governance
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Amsterdam
1001 NB Amsterdam
Dr Sebastian Kapohl is an assistant professor of International Relations at the University of Amsterdam in the Political Economy and Transnational Governance research group.
Sebastian Krapohl studied Political Science at the University of Bamberg, the London School of Economics and the European University Institute. Before he got the position in Amsterdam, he was Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant and Assistant Professor of International Relations at the University of Bamberg and he substituted the Chair of Contemporary History at the University of Mannheim during the academic year 2011/12.
After finishing his PhD project about risk regulation in the European Single Market, Sebastian Krapohl started to work on his second research project about regional integration outside of Europe. The project has grown to become a research cluster, wherein several scholars (Dr Simon Fink, Katharina Meißner, Johannes Muntschick, Axel Obermeier and Dr Sebastian Krapohl) from different universities analyse and compare regional integration in Southeast Asia, South America and Southern Africa.
Sebastian Krapohl has published a book with Palgrave Macmillan and several articles in international journals like the Journal of European Public Policy, the European Law Journal, the European Journal of Political Research and the Journal of Common Market Studies.
Further information about Sebastian Krapohl and his research can be found at his personal website.
- S. Krapohl (2015). Financial crises as catalysts for regional cooperation? Chances and obstacles for financial integration in ASEAN+3, MERCOSUR and the eurozone. Contemporary Politics, 21 (2), 161-178. doi: 10.1080/13569775.2015.1030171
- S. Krapohl, K.L. Meissner & J. Muntschick (2014). Regional powers as leaders or Rambos? The ambivalent behaviour of Brazil and South Africa in regional economic integration. Journal of Common Market Studies, 52 (4), 879-895. doi: 10.1111/jcms.12116
- S. Krapohl (2013). Different Paths of Regional Integration: Trade Networks and Regional Institution-Building in Europe, Southeast Asia and Southern Africa. Journal of Common Market Studies, 51 (3), 472-488. doi: 10.1111/jcms.12012
- S. Krapohl, Th. Gehring & M. Kerler (2008). Risikoregulierung im europäischen Binnenmarkt: Regulierungsagenturen, Normungs-institute und Komitologieausschüsse. In I. Tömmel (Ed.), Die Europäische Union: Governance und Policy-Making (PVS-Sonderheft 40/2008) (pp. 231-252). Springer.
- S. Krapohl (2008). Risk Regulation in the Single Market: The Governance of Pharmaceuticals and Foodstuffs in the European Union. Basingstoke: Palgrave.
- S. Krapohl, J. Dinkel & B. Faude (2010). Judicial Integration in the Americas? A Comparison of Dispute Settlement in NAFTA and MERCOSUR. In F. Laursen (Ed.), Comparative Regional Integration: Europe and Beyond. Abingdon: Ashgate.
- S. Krapohl & J. Muntschick (2009). Two Logics of Regionalism: The Importance of Interdependence and External Support for Regional Integration in Southern Africa. In J.M. Kaunda & F. Zizhou (Eds.), Proceedings of the 2008 FOPRISA Annual Conference. Gaborone: Lightbooks.
Contact Professor (Vertrauensdozent)