dhr. dr. A. (Alex) Kuiper
Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde
Sectie Operations Management
Plantage Muidergracht 12 Amsterdam
1001 NL Amsterdam
Assistant professor in Operations Management at the Amsterdam Business School.
Queueing theory, stochastic optimization and operations management.
Since 2013, Alex has worked at IBIS UvA as part of the department Operations Management within the Amsterdam Business School. He started his study Mathematics at the University of Amsterdam in 2006. He finished his bachelor with a minor in Econometrics, by which he qualified himself for enrollment in a double degree program: Econometrics and Stochastics. He finished both degrees with a thesis in appointment scheduling, which has formed the basis for his PhD under supervision of Prof. Michel Mandjes and Prof. Jeroen de Mast. He defended his PhD thesis successfully in June 2016.
- Kuiper, A., & Mandjes, M. (2015). Appointment scheduling in tandem-type service systems. Omega, 57(B), 145-156. DOI: 10.1016/j.omega.2015.04.009 [details]
- Kuiper, A., & Mandjes, M. (2015). Practical principles in appointment scheduling. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 31(7), 1127-1135. DOI: 10.1002/qre.1863 [details]
- Kuiper, A., Kemper, B., & Mandjes, M. (2015). A computational approach to optimized appointment scheduling. Queueing Systems, 79(1), 5-36. DOI: 10.1007/s11134-014-9398-6 [details]
- Vink, W., Kuiper, A., Kemper, B., & Bhulai, S. (2015). Optimal appointment scheduling in continuous time: the lag order approximation method. European Journal of Operational Research, 240(1), 213-219. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2014.06.024 [details]
- Kuiper, A., van Raalte, M., & Does, R. J. M. M. (2014). Het verhogen van de 'Overall Equipment Effectiveness'. Sigma, 2014(6), 16-20. [details]
- Kuiper, A. (2016). Appointment scheduling in healthcare Amsterdam: IBIS UvA [details / files]
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden