mw. dr. I.J. (Irina) Lock
Faculteit der Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen
Programmagroep: Corporate Communication
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Amsterdam
1001 NG Amsterdam
Irina Lock is assistant professor of corporate communication at the Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR) in the program group corporate communication. Her research interests lie in digital corporate communication, corporate social responsibility (CSR) communication, and public affairs and lobbying.
Prior to this, she worked as a postdoc researcher at the Università della Svizzera italiana, Lugano, Switzerland, where whe also obtained her PhD with a thesis on "Credibility in CSR Communication. Concepts, Methods, Analyses." The thesis won the best PhD prize 2014/15 of the Faculty of Communication Sciences.
- Lock, I. J., & Seele, P. (2017). CSR, Public Affairs and Corporate Community Involvement: Torn between Instrumentalism and Deliberation. In P. Harris, & C. Fleisher (Eds.), SAGE Handbook of International Corporate and Public Affairs. (pp. 550). London: Sage Publications. [details]
- Seele, P., & Lock, I. J. (2017). The game-changing potential of digitalization for sustainability: possibilities, perils, and pathways. Sustainability Science, 1. DOI: 10.1007/s11625-017-0426-4 [details]
- Lock, I. J. (2016). Glaubwürdigkeit in der CSR-Kommunikation Entwicklung eines legitimätsbasierten Ansatzes. Publizistik, 61, 413. [details]
- Lock, I., & Seele, P. (2016). CSR governance and departmental organization: a typology of best practices. Corporate Governance, 16(1), 211-230. DOI: 10.1108/CG-01-2015-0010 [details]
- Lock, I., & Seele, P. (2016). Deliberative Lobbying? Toward a Noncontradiction of Corporate Political Activities and Corporate Social Responsibility? Journal of Management Inquiry, 25(4), 415-430. DOI: 10.1177/1056492616640379 [details]
- Lock, I., & Seele, P. (2016). The credibility of CSR (corporate social responsibility) reports in Europe. Evidence from a quantitative content analysis in 11 countries. Journal of cleaner production, 122, 186. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.02.060 [details]
- Lock, I., & Seele, P. (2016). Theorizing stakeholders of sustainability in the digital age. Sustainability Science, 1-11. DOI: 10.1007/s11625-016-0404-2 [details]
- Von Schnurbein, G., Seele, P., & Lock, I. (2016). Exclusive corporate philanthropy: Rethinking the nexus of CSR and corporate philanthropy. Social Responsibility Journal, 12(2), 280-294. DOI: 10.1108/SRJ-10-2014-0149 [details]
- Lock, I. J., Seele, P., & Heath, R. L. (2015). Grass with no roots: How Astroturf lobbying undermines OPR’s intention to promote good in society. In Communication Ethics in a Connected World. Peter Lang. [details]
- Lock, I., & Seele, P. (2015). Analyzing sector-specific CSR reporting: Social and environmental disclosure to investors in the chemicals and banking and insurance industry. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 22(2), 113-128. DOI: 10.1002/csr.1338 [details]
- Lock, I., & Seele, P. (2015). Quantitative content analysis as a method for business ethics research. Business Ethics: A European review, 24(S1), S24-S40. DOI: 10.1111/beer.12095 [details]
- Seele, P., & Lock, I. J. (2015). CfP: Sustainability and Digitalization: A GameChanger? Possibilities, Perils, Pathways. Sustainability Science, 10(3), 373. [details]
- Seele, P., & Lock, I. (2015). Instrumental and/or Deliberative? A Typology of CSR Communication Tools. Journal of Business Ethics, 131(2), 401-414. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-014-2282-9 [details]
- Lock, I. J., & Seele, P. (2013). Conceptualizing CSR communication within political CSR. In The second international CSR communication conference. Proceedings. CSR Communication Conference 2013.. University of Aarhus. [details]
- Lock, I. J., & Seele, P. (2011). Analyzing industry-specific CSR reporting to investors. In Communicating Social Responsibility. Proceedings, CSR Communication Conference, Amsterdam. University of Amsterdam. [details]
- Lock, Irina (2015): Best PhD thesis 2014/15 of the Faculty of Communication Sciences, Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden