mw. drs. M.L.J. (Marielle) le Mat
Faculteit der Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen
Programmagroep: Governance and Inclusive Development
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Amsterdam
1001 NC Amsterdam
Marielle Le Mat works as junior researcher/lecturer in the Education & International Development research group at the University of Amsterdam. She has a Research Master’s degree in Educational Sciences (University of Amsterdam). Her main research interests include the promotion of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) through formal and non-formal education, critical discussions of gender and education in its broadest sense, in relation to social justice, globalisation, and inclusive development. She is currently involved as a Junior Researcher in a project on the social exclusion of vulnerable youth, commissioned by SOS Children's Villages. Alongside this, she works on gender and sexuality education in Ethiopia. She also lectures in the minor International Development Studies at the University of Amsterdam. Previously, Marielle was involved in several project partnerships, including the Research Consortium on Education and Peacebuilding and the IS Academy Education & International Development.
- Lopes Cardozo, M.T.A., Higgins, S. & Le Mat, M.L.J. (2016). Youth Agency and Peacebuilding: An Analysis of the Role of Formal and Non-Formal Education. Synthesis report on findings from Myanmar, Pakistan, South Africa and Uganda, Research Consortium on Education and Peacebuilding, University of Amsterdam.
- Le Mat, M.L.J. (2016). “Sexual violence is not good for our country’s development”. Students’ interpretations of sexual violence in a secondary school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Gender and Education, 28 (4). http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09540253.2015.1134768.
- Lopes Cardozo, M.T.A., Higgins, S., Maber, E., Brandt, C.O., Kusmallah, N., Le Mat, M.L.J (2015). Literature Review: Youth Agency, Peacebuilding and Education, University of Amsterdam.
- Marielle Le Mat (2013). Addressing Sexual Violence in Schools: Perspectives from Teachers and Students in a Secondary School in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. MA thesis. [Supervisor: Hülya Kosar Altinyelken]
- Datzberger, S., and Le Mat, M.L.J. (2016). Just add women and stir? Gender, education and peacebuilding in Uganda. Nordic Africa Days ‘Gender and change: global challenges for Africa?’, 23 September 2016, Uppsala.
- Le Mat, M.L.J. (2016). (S)exclusion in the sex ed classroom: negotiating discourses about young peoples’ needs. Comparative and International Education Society, 10 March 2016, Vancouver.
- Lopes Cardozo, T. A., Higgins, S., & le Mat, M. L. J. (2016). Youth Agency and Peacebuilding: An Analysis of the Role of Formal and Non-Formal Education. Synthesis report on findings from Myanmar, Pakistan, South Africa and Uganda. University of Amsterdam/UNICEF. [details]
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden