For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!

Residence permit (VVR)

If your stay in the Netherlands will last longer than 90 days you might need to obtain a residence permit or VVR. Not all nationalities need to apply for this type of visa;  check the Residence Wizard of the IND to see if the VVR applies to you. If so, your HR officer or the Staff Immigration Office will submit the application on your behalf.

The residence permit is a plastic card the size of a credit card. It serves as proof of your identity, nationality and lawful residency in the Netherlands. It allows you to enter and exit the Netherlands and travel through the Schengen area. Your stay in other Schengen countries is limited to a maximum period of 90 days.


Euraxess Visa wizard