Office Manager IAS
Institute for Advanced Study
- Publication date
- 21 February 2017
- Level of education
- Higher professional education
- Salary indication
- €2,431 to €3,247 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- Closing date
- 1 April 2017
- 24 to 32 hours per week
- Vacancy number
In September 2016 the University of Amsterdam has opened its Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) that aims to enhance excellence in interdisciplinary research collaboration, and create synergies between existing UvA research programmes. We are currently looking for an Office Manager, who will be responsible for various administrative, organizational and hospitality tasks. Being a small institute with big ambitions, we are seeking a dynamic person, who shares our commitment to create a hospitable atmosphere at the institute, tailored to the needs of the participants in our fellowship programmes and events.
You will be responsible for various tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the institute.
Your tasks will include:
- acting as the first point of contact and responding to enquiries;
- organizing meetings, making appointments and reservations;
- providing facilitation and support services for fellows and (inter)national guests (i.a. booking transport and accommodation);
- maintaining a well-structured Contact Management Database;
- managing the financial administration (i.a. declarations and invoices);
- managing filing/archive systems;
- maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- arranging office maintenance if needed;
- organising the hospitality services of the institute;
- supporting various communication activities (i.a. IAS website, newsflash, social media);
- supporting the organisation of IAS events.
Competencies and skills that we seek include:
- hands-on team spirit (proactive and flexible), at the same time being able to work independently;
- reliability, accuracy, and the capacity to prioritise tasks (multi-tasking);
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- problem-solving skills;
- attention to detail.
- at least 3 years work experience as Office Manager, preferably but not necessarily in an academic environment;
- excellent command of written and spoken English and Dutch;
- profound knowledge of MS Office;
- flexibility and adaptability (working hours).
For more information, please contact:
The selected candidate will be appointed part-time at the Institute for Advanced Study of the University of Amsterdam; starting from May for 8 hours per week, and from September for 24 to 32 hours per week. The Office Manager will work under the supervision of the Business Director. The appointment is initially for a period of 12 months including a two months’ probationary period. The initial contract can possible be extended for 1 year – depending on performance and if operating conditions remain the same.
The gross monthly salary (on a full-time basis) will range from €2,431 to €3,247 (scale 8), depending on experience and qualifications, and in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
To apply for this position, please send your application and CV before 2 April 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-POST
No agencies please