Update: Articles Jens Förster investigated
The following statement was issued by the authors of the report ‘Evaluating the Scientific Veracity of Publications by dr. Förster’ in response to comments and questions concerning their findings.
The report ‘Evaluating the Scientific Veracity of Publications by dr. Förster’ has been the focus of some public discussion on platforms such as Twitter, PubPeer, and certain blogs.
We welcome and appreciate the considerations and deliberations contained therein. We noticed, however, that at times the discussion seems to lack some nuance and that certain points and misunderstandings are reiterated. We would like to respond to these. To avoid the response being scattered we will give a ‘meta‐response’, which can be found here.
Also, for clarity and convenience, all files pertaining to the Förster investigation are collectively offered below. These include:
- The report ‘Evaluating the Scientific Veracity of Publications by dr. Förster’.
- Dataveracity.R: R script containing functions used in the analysis.
- Analysis.R: R script with which the analysis was performed.
Our responses to publicly available criticisms and comments on the report are collected in the following files:
- Response_to_LDletter_JFcomments. This is the response by the authors of the report to the rebuttal letter by dr. Liberman and dr. Denzler and the public comments by dr. Förster (entry dated June 17 th, 2015).
- Response_to_public_comments_Liberman. This is the response of the authors of the report to the comments by dr. Liberman.