University Lecturer (UD2) in European Law
Faculty of Law – Department of Public International Law and European Law
- Publication date
- 3 May 2017
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €3,427 to €4,691 gross per month
- Closing date
- 31 May 2017
- 38 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The Faculty of Law of the University of Amsterdam has an international orientation and is strongly engaged in society, which is reflected in both its research and education activities. The Faculty offers three Bachelor's programmes and a number of Master's programmes, two of which are taught exclusively in English (i.e. International and European Law and European Private Law). With its 3,500 students and 375 staff members, it is one of the largest law faculties in the Netherlands. The Faculty is located in the centre of Amsterdam.
The Faculty of Law has an opening for one lecturer (UD2) position in European Law.
The lecturer will be part of the lively and supportive intellectual environment of the Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance (ACELG) and the Research Priority Area Law and Justice Across Borders.
- Teach, coordinate and develop courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- carry out and publish research of the highest calibre;
- assist in supervising research at doctoral level;
- work as part of a team;
- communicate effectively;
- participate constructively in the administrative work at the Faculty and
- participate actively in new research priority area ‘Law and Justice Across Borders’.
The successful candidate:
- has a PhD in law;
- is specialized in the field of European public law;
- is proficient in English and Dutch;
- has excellent scientific writing, planning and communication skills;
- has experience in teaching, ideally both at graduate and undergraduate level;
- has a strong motivation both to teach and to do research;
- has the ability to conduct high-level research (demonstrated by a strong track record).
Expertise in the area of EU administrative law and an interest in teaching competition law are advantages.
The lecturer’s appointment will be for the period of one year. Possible extension is subject to the availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
The proposed starting date of the appointment is 1 July 2017.
The gross full-time monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for postdoctoral researchers at Dutch universities, scale 11 (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) ranging from €3,427 to €4,691 gross per month (full-time equivalent). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end-of-year Bonus.
To apply please submit the following items (preferably in one file) in Word or PDF format electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. selection committee:
- cover letter;
- contact details of 2 referees;
- proof of your PhD and other relevant degree(s);
- writing sample of a recently written, single authored manuscript (e.g., a chapter of your PhD or the manuscript of an article) in English of no more than 50 pages.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 31 May 2017. #LI-DNP
No agencies please