Ombudsstudent for the Graduate School of Communication
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences – Graduate School of Communication
- Publication date
- 11 May 2017
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €1,931 to €2,251 gross per month
- Closing date
- 14 July 2017
- 8 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The Graduate School of Communication (GSC) is responsible for the education within the Master’s in Communication Science (four tracks), the Research Master’s in Communication Science and the Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation at the University of Amsterdam.
We are looking for an enthousiastic and involved ombudsstudent. The ombudsstudent is the link between the Graduate School and the (research) Master’s students.
- Giving the management of the GSC requested and unsolicited advice regarding student interests;
- identifying student wishes and complaints and keeping close ties with the study association and the Faculty Student Council;
- recruiting student representatives and hosting student representative meetings;
- participating in GSC meetings and attending meetings of the Educational Committee (OC) and the Board of Studies;
- facilitating focus groups at the end of every semester in cooperation with the policy advisers;
- occasionally helping the GSC organisationally or administratively with ad-hoc projects.
- starts with the (Research) Master’s in Communication Science in September 2017 or still has to study for a year within one of these programmes (ideally);
- is actively involved in the Communication Science programme;
- is eager to represent the interests of the students as well as the programme;
- is proactive;
- stands in the middle of student life at the UvA;
- understands Dutch or is willing to learn Dutch (the GSC will support you in Dutch course participation).
For specific questions about the job position, please contact:
Start: 1 September 2017
The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of one year. This may be extended to the end of the duration of the (research) Master’s programme.
The position of ombudsstudent (master level) is scale Student Assistant, ranging from €1.931 to €2.251 gross per month (full-time). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. This position is for a fixed term (1 year).
Applications should be submitted via email to Ms E.M. Verkruijsse. Applications must include a curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation. The application deadline is 14 July 2017. #LI-DNP
No agencies please