Postdoctoral researcher in Autism and Cognitive Aging
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences – Department of Psychology
- Publication date
- 4 August 2017
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €3,475 to €4,757 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- Closing date
- 15 September 2017
- 32 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The section clinical neuropsychology is part of the Brain and Cognition department at the University of Amsterdam. A four-year postdoctoral position in autism and cognitive aging is available as part of a NWO-MagW VICI funded project on aging and heterogeneity in autistic adults. The postdoctoral researcher will be part of the d’arc lab led by Hilde Geurts at the University of Amsterdam. The majority of this labs’ projects focus on behavioural data (questionnaires, interviews, standardized cognitive tasks, and experimental cognitive tasks). The lab often works in consultation with autistic adults and other stakeholders and is related to the research network autism.
The postdoctoral researcher will collaborate in designing and running studies, in supervising PhD candidates, and will preferably focus on the dynamic modelling of (cognitive) aging in ASD. The general focus of the overall project will be autism and aging, with a specific focus on cognitive strategy use, vulnerability and protective factors regarding cognitive aging, relationship between objective and subjective measures of cognition, and subtyping.
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher specialized in statistical modelling of cross-sectional and longitudinal data, preferably with knowledge about, and experience with, cognitive research in older populations.
The postdoctoral researcher should have:
- a PhD in neuro-, cognitive -, clinical -, or developmental psychology, psychological methods, (or a similar PhD in the field of educational science, or psychiatry) preferably in the field of cognitive aging research;
- proficiency in (complex) statistical analyses and writing data analysis scripts, preferably in R;
- a proven track-record in publishing in international peer-reviewed journals;
- willingness to consult autistic adults during the project is a must;
- experience with supervision of graduate students is preferable.
Note that for this position applications will not be considered if the candidate has no proven experience with one of the following statistical techniques: multilevel regression analyses, SEM, graph network analyses/community detection, or multivariate normative comparisons.
Questions about the content of the project can be sent to:
The position is for four years and starts November 2017-February 2018 (initial employment is 2 years and after a positive evaluation, the appointment can be extended further with maximal 2 years). Based on a full-time appointment the gross monthly salary will be between €3,475 to €4,757 (scale 11) depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. This is in conformity with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
- a curriculum vitae (please highlight the article you deem the most relevant);
- a brief statement of research interests and motivation to work within this specific project;
- the expected date of availability;
- the names of 3 references (reference letters are optional at this stage).
Please put all these documents in one file (no separate documents please) and put “17-400 postdoc VICI, Geurts” in the subject line of the email.
If invited for a job interview, this will take place 12 or 19 October 2017. #LI-DNP
No agencies please