Postdoctoral Fellow Empirical Legal Studies, Law & Finance or Digital Legal Studies
Amsterdam Law School
- Publication date
- 22 September 2017
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €2,588 to €4,757 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- Closing date
- 15 November 2017
- 38 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The Amsterdam Law School of the University of Amsterdam offers a postdoctoral fellowship to promote high-quality research in the fields at the interface of law, the social sciences, the humanities and the exact sciences. The postdoctoral fellow will be integrated in the Law School interdisciplinary research initiatives and is expected to carry out high level research and contribute in the faculty’s activities (including a small amount of teaching and support in the organization of academic events).
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to carry out research aimed at top international journals in Law, Economics, Law & Economics and other outlets in the social sciences. Teaching will be limited in amount. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to participate in the activities of the faculty and to contribute to their organization.
Applicants must have a demonstrated interest and expertise in Law & Economics, and in particular in one or several of the following fields:
- Empirical Legal Studies;
- Law & Finance;
- Digital Legal Studies.
- have a very strong methodological background in empirical research and a proven interest in research in the fields mentioned above and experience with legal scholarship;
- be fluent in English;
- have obtained their PhD degree before applying. Postdoctoral research experience is appreciated but not strictly required.
Applicants who require further information about this vacancy, may contact:
The appointment will originally be for the period of one year, with a possibility for extension for another year. The extension is subject to satisfactory performance after the first year and the availability of funds.
The starting date of the appointment is 1 January 2018. A later starting date could be negotiated.
The gross full-time monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for postdoctoral researchers at Dutch universities, scales 10 to 11 (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) ranging from €2,588 to €4,757 gross per month (full-time equivalent). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end-of-year Bonus.
Foreign candidates may also qualify for an attractive 30% tax reduction program.
To apply please submit the following items (preferably in one file) in Word or PDF format electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. selection committee:
- cover letter;
- a detailed CV with list of publications and teaching experience;
- two reference letters;
- proof of your degrees (Master's and PhD), including grade transcripts or committee reports if appropriate;
- a recent article or working paper (preferably single-authored);
- a research proposal indicating a project of independent research that the applicant wishes to pursue during his or her appointment (3 pages max).
The closing date for receipt of completed applications including the research proposal is 26 November 2017.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity. #LI-DNP
No agencies please