Lab teacher Master Security and Network Engineering
Faculty of Science – Graduate School of Informatics
- Publication date
- 6 December 2017
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €2,588 to €4,084 gross per month
- Closing date
- 27 December 2017
- 38 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The Faculty of Science occupies a leading position internationally in its fields of research and participates in a large number of cooperative programs with universities, research institutes and businesses. The faculty has a student body of around 6,000 and 1,600 members of staff, spread over eight research institutes and a number of faculty-wide support services. The Faculty of Science offers eleven Bachelor degree programs and nineteen Master degree programs in the fields of the exact sciences, computer science and information studies, life and earth sciences, and interdisciplinary education.
We are looking for a lab teacher for the laboratorial teaching activities within the Master Security and Network Engineering (SNE) of the Graduate School of informatics.
The lab teacher:
- coordinates all labs and practical exercises during the whole SNE master program. He/she grades reports and assignments and supervises the students intensively during their work, and is also responsible for improvements for the lab exercises;
- is capable to do so because of his/her involvement in and overview of the different courses during the whole year, including creating new labs;
- coordinates and guides other lab assistants, as well as PhD students and postdocs from the SNE research group, who are involved in the SNE education;
- recognizes and signals possible study progress issues;
- is responsible for the complex task of creating cohesion between the different courses in the education and plays a key role in the educational model of the master;
- takes part in the intake procedure and assessment of prospective SNE students. He/she is involved in the evaluation and selection of new students;
- makes a yearly plan and has final responsibility for the proper delivery of the labs;
- takes care of the SNE lab and makes sure the lab is in a decent condition to support the courses, together with the system engineer;
- has good technical knowledge of and insight into the infrastructure of the SNE lab and can replace the system engineer if necessary. He/she also works with the system engineer to arrange all necessary facilities to support the exercises and practical work;
- contributes to the PR activities of the master SNE;
- participates in site visits to other institutes, open days and education fairs. He/she gives individual information to potential students through email and conversations;
- organizes the general content of the OS3 website and takes care of web communication with the students about the schedule and important events.
We are looking for a university level (MSc or PhD) candidate with a good knowledge of Security and Network Engineering. Moreover, the candidate should be interested in the work environment of the highly motivated and participating student population of the SNE master.
The candidate should:
- have excellent social and communication skills;
- have good organizational skills;
- be fluent in the English language;
- be willing to participate in a close-knit team;
- be flexible in working hours.
- Dr C.P.J. Koymans , director master SNE
T: +31(0)20 525 8434
The appointment will be on a temporary basis, for a period of one year. If the candidate has proved to be qualified for the position, a permanent contract will be offered.
The salary will range from €2,588 up to a maximum of €4,084 before tax per month (salary scale 10, Docent 4) based on a full-time appointment and depending on your relevant work experience. There are also secondary benefits, such as 8% holiday allowance per year and the end of year allowance of 8,3%. The Collective Labour Agreement (Cao) for Dutch Universities is applicable.
Applications may only be submitted by electronic mail by sending your application to email@example.com. To process your application immediately, please quote vacancy number 17-617 and the position you are applying for in the subject-line.
Applications must include a curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation and the names and contact details of two referees. Please combine these documents in one single attachment and also mention the months (not just years) in your CV when referring to your education and work experience.
Applications will be accepted until 27 December 2017. #LI-DNP
No agencies please