Student assistant Amsterdam Center for International Law
Amsterdam Law School – Amsterdam Center for International Law
- Publication date
- 6 February 2018
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €1,958 to €2,283 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- Closing date
- 19 February 2018
- 7,6 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The ALS offers three Bachelor's programmes: Law, Tax Law, and Notarial Law and a number of Master's programmes, two of which are taught exclusively in English (i.e. International and European Law as well as European Private Law). With its 3,500 students and 375 staff members, it is one of the largest law faculties in the Netherlands. The Amsterdam Law School is located in the centre of Amsterdam.
The Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL) is one of the ALS’s research priority areas, engaging in fundamental and applied research in international law. It aims at the critical understanding of international law and its progressive development. ACIL is looking for a student assistant who will provide support for the ACIL’s research projects and activities, especially publications.
- Assist with the formatting for production of academic texts;
- research literature;
- assist in the execution of workshops, conferences, and other events.
- Advanced bachelor’s student / beginning master’s student in law or a related field;
- excellent command of English;
- advanced skills in standard computer programs;
- good knowledge of databases for literature research;
- detail-oriented, reliable, communicative.
We will give preference to candidates who are available for a longer period of time.
For further information please contact:
- dr Ingo Venzke, ACIL director
The appointment will be on a temporary basis for 7,6 hours per week, starting preferably on 1 March or closely thereafter. The appointment is for 6 months of employment, to be extended subject to satisfactory performance. The gross monthly salary, based on a full-time appointment and depending on relevant prior experience, will be between €1,958 and €2,283. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
Please send your application, including a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae and a proof of grades, by 19 February 2018 to Desiree Blessing at email@example.com. #LI-DNP
No agencies please