Assistant professor (UD2) in European Law
Amsterdam Law School
- Publication date
- 6 April 2018
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €3,475 to €4,757 gross per month
- Closing date
- 30 April 2018
- 38 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The Amsterdam Law School at the University of Amsterdam has an opening for one assistant professor (UD2) position in European Law.
The University of Amsterdam’s Law School prides itself on its international orientation and strong social commitment. This is reflected by both its research and educational activities. We offer three Bachelor’s programmes and a variety of Master's, several of which are taught exclusively in English (i.e. International and European Law, European Private Law, International Criminal Law, and Law & Finance). Our School prepares students for a wide variety of legal careers including law firms, government, business and industry, the national and international judiciary, public service, human rights advocacy, and academia. With 3,500 students and over 400 staff members, we are one of the largest law faculties in the Netherlands. Our School is located in the centre of Amsterdam.
In the Amsterdam Law School you will be part of the lively and supportive intellectual environment of the Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance (ACELG) and its cooperation platform Law and Justice Across Borders.
- Teach, coordinate and assist in developing courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- supervise theses at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- assist in developing experiential learning elements for European law courses within the context of the Amsterdam Law Practice;
- work as part of a team;
- carry out and publish research of the highest calibre;
- assist in supervising research at doctoral level;
- communicate effectively; and
- participate constructively in the administrative work at the Faculty.
- have a PhD in law;
- are specialized in the field of European law;
- are proficient in English;
- have excellent scientific writing, planning and communication skills;
- have experience in teaching, ideally both at graduate and undergraduate level;
- have a strong motivation both to teach and to do research;
- qualify for participation in the new research priority area ‘Law and Justice Across Borders’.
An interest and/or expertise in the area of EU economic law, including competition law, is an advantage; as is proficiency in Dutch.
The appointment will be for the period of one year. Possible extension is subject to the availability of funds and satisfactory performance. The proposed starting date of the appointment is 1 September 2018. The gross full-time monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales Assistant professor at Dutch universities, scale 11 (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) ranging from €3,475 to €4,757 gross per month (full-time equivalent). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end-of-year Bonus.
To apply please submit the following items (preferably in one file) in Word or PDF format electronically to email@example.com attn. selection committee and mentioning vacancy number 18-166:
- cover letter, explaining your motivation to apply for this position;
- CV with list of publications;
- contact details of 2 referees;
- proof of your PhD and other relevant degree(s).
- writing sample of a recently written, single authored manuscript (e.g., a chapter of your PhD or the manuscript of an article) in English of no more than 50 pages.
The interviews will be held on 14 May 2018.
The closing date for the receipt of applications Is 30 April 2018. #LI-DNP
No agencies please