Ombudsstudent for the College of Communication
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences – College of Communication Science
- Publication date
- 31 May 2018
- Level of education
- Salary indication
- €1,958 to €2,283 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- Closing date
- 17 June 2018
- 8 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The College of Communication is looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and involved Ombudsstudent for the Bachelor’s programmes Communicatiewetenschap and Communication Science.
The Ombudsstudent is the link between the College of Communication and its students. You provide input on educational policy and constructive advice to the College's management team reagrding student interests. You actively contribute to various meetings and keep close ties with students in all phases of the Bachelor’s programme and with the Programme Committee (OC), the study association Mercurius and the Faculty Student Council (FSR).
The Ombudsstudent will be working at the College of Communication, which is responsible for Bachelor’s education in Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam.
As Ombudsstudent you are expected to fulfil the following tasks:
- advising the director of the College of Communication (CC) regarding student interests;
- making a constructive contribution to the College's monthly meetings and to meetings of the Board of Studies (4 times per year);
- attending monthly meetings of the Programme Committee (OC);
- keeping close ties with students in all phases of the Bachelor’s programme;
- identifying students’ wishes and complaints and (in consultation with the College) looking for solutions;
- regularly consulting with the study association Mercurius and the Student Council of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences;
- at the end of each study period, organising informal evaluations with students in all phases of the programme;
- auditing focus groups, organised by the College;
- contributing to the social media channels of the programme;
- contributing to strengthening the student community;
- conducting research on a specific theme, in cooperation with the College director.
- are a proactive and independent student;
- participate full in many aspects of student life at the UvA;
- know how to constructively pitch ideas in a team, and in this way contribute to the quality of education and the organisation of the Bachelor’s programme;
- have strong communication skills and a sense of organisational relations;
- have social media skills which you would like to use to increase your own visibility among students, as well of that of the College of Communication;
- are able to work one day per week at the College of Communication's offices (REC C, 6th and 7th floor).
For specific questions about the job position, please contact:
Start: 1 August 2018
The position of Ombudsstudent is in the pay scale Student Assistant, which ranges from €1,958 to €2,283 gross per month on a full-time basis. This position is for a fixed term (1 year). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
The position of Ombudsstudent for the College of Communication is open to any student enrolled in a Bachelor’s programme at the College of Communication (Communicatiewetenschap or Communication Science).
You may submit your application via email to Rosanne Eijsink. Your application must include a curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation. The application deadline is 17 June 2018. An assignment may be part of the selection procedure.
We will hold interviews on Thursday 28 June 2018. #LI-DNP
No agencies please