Amsterdam Law School
- Publication date
- 14 September 2018
- Level of education
- Higher professional education
- Salary indication
- €2,514 to €3,358 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- Closing date
- 30 September 2018
- 26,6 to 30,4 hours per week
- Vacancy number
The Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance (ACELG) and Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL) are internationally renowned research centres in the fields of European and international law. They consist of around 25 and 40 researchers, respectively.
As Management assistant you:
- provide management assistance to the two directors of the research centres;
- help develop and implement effective communication strategies to demonstrate and disseminate research outcomes and events toward academic peers and the general public.
Your duties and responsibilities are:
- organising events;
- updating and improving the website and periodical newsletters;
- preparing and following up on management meetings and decisions;
- archive research results and prepare internal research evaluations.
- an excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
- a strong affinity with academic research (not necessarily in law);
- advanced skills in standard computer programmes;
- detail-oriented, reliable, communicative and showing initiative.
For further information you may contact:
The appointment will be on a temporary basis for 26,6 hours per week starting as soon as possible and ending after 6 months of employment. Extension of the contract beyond the original 6 months is dependent on the availability of finances and satisfactory performance. After 6 months, an extension of the working hours to 30,4 hours is negotiable. The gross monthly salary, based on a full-time appointment, will be in scale 8 ranging from €2,514 to €3.358 based on 38 hours per week conform the Cao for Dutch Universities.
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
Your may send your application, including a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae and a proof of grades, before 1 October 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-POST
No agencies please