Applying for a degree programme
Every programme at the University of Amsterdam has its own entry requirements, application procedure and deadlines. You can find the general steps below.
On this page:
Application steps for Master's programmes
See our website for Master's programmes.
Application steps for Bachelor's programmes
- Choose an English-taught programme or a Dutch-taught programme (to see the specific application procedure)
- Check the entry requirements* and application deadlines
- Submit enrolment application in Studielink (before the application deadline)
- Submit your application form
- Register for and participate in UvA Matching** or the selection procedure*** (only for Bachelor's programmes)
- Pay the tuition fee (after admission)
*2018-2019 list of approved qualifications for English-language Bachelor's programmes
Please note that the approved qualifications for the 2018-2019 academic year are currently being determined. Leave your details using the form below and we will contact you after 15 July, when the information about approved qualifications will be available.
(Non-selective English-taught Bachelor’s programmes)
UvA Matching is an (online) introduction to the Bachelor’s programme for which you are applying. It is a mandatory part of the application procedure for all non-selective Bachelor’s programmes.
(Selective English-taught Bachelor's programmes)
The UvA offers three selective Bachelor’s programmes taught in English. A limited number of places are available for these programmes and places are offered based on a selection procedure.
- Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (Amsterdam University College)