Registration for the appointments is now open.
On this page:
All-inclusive Start Appointment with Pick-up service
The Pick-up service is a free service that takes you from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to the All-Inclusive Start Appointment at Science Park. Go to www.uva.nl/pickup for more information.
All-inclusive Start appointment
At Science Park, you will be offered an all-inclusive Start Appointment on
- Wednesday, 30 January 2019
You will be able to:
- Collect your student card (please upload a picture beforehand on www.uva.nl/myuvacard)
- Receive (information on when to collect) your residence permit (if applicable)
- Collect the keys for your housing with De Key, DUWO, or Camelot short stay.
- Register with the municipality of Amsterdam and Diemen
- Schedule an appointment to open a Dutch bank account
- Receive information on how to get around in Amsterdam
- Receive information on the cultural centre, the sports centre, the library, and the ICT facilities.
- The all-inclusive Start Appointment is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis so there is a chance you will need to wait before you can be helped.
- All procedures are offered free of charge. A free luggage depot is available while you attend your all-inclusive Start appointment.
- Please note that you can disregard the time slot mentioned through the link below, as we do not work with time slots for the all-inclusive appointments.
Regular Start appointment
At the Central Student Service Desk at the Roeterseiland campus, Regular Start Appointments will be offered, starting Monday, 4 February 2019.
- During the regular Start appointment, you will be able to complete your enrolment and collect your student card. However, housing corporations De Key and DUWO, City Hall and the IND (immigration department) will not be present. Therefore you will not be able to collect the key for you housing, register with the municipality or collect your residence permit card during this appointment.
- For your City Hall (Amsterdam) registration a separate appointment will be made for you, which means you will need to return to the Central Student Service Desk a second time for this appointment.
Regular start appointments are offered by appointment only.