We will do our utmost to provide all international students with a room, but cannot guarantee this, unfortunately.
Please note that housing in Amsterdam is very scarce, and that rooms will be distributed in a limited number (+/- 3000), according to a student’s budget.
The UvA sublets rooms to international students from two Amsterdam-based housing corporations (De Key and DUWO), as well as several commercial student real estate parties (Student Experience, International Campus, Campus Diemen Zuid and WASA).
- All rooms are based in the Amsterdam area and the maximum travel time to the university campuses is 45 minutes.
- The different room prices vary, but are overall relatively low compared to rents in the Amsterdam private housing market.
- Accommodation is provided by the university to international students for a maximum of one year.
- Unfurnished rooms are an exception to this rule: these can be rented for as long as you are a student at the UvA.
- The choice of rooms is limited, and a room in a centrally located neighbourhood cannot be guaranteed. In fact, most rooms are located outside the city centre.