Contact UvA Student Careers Centre
On this page:
Services for students
The UvA careers advisers are available to provide guidance on all aspects related to your career. We offer information, advice, workshops, career events, an overview of available internships and graduate vacancies and individual coaching sessions with a careers adviser.
The range of topics we cover:
- Developing career skills
- Switching degree programmes
- Choosing a Master’s programme
- Career planning
- Mapping out your talents, interests and ambition
- UvA Job board: internships and graduate jobs
The UvA Student Careers Centre is located at the Roeterseiland Campus.
- Roeterseiland, building B/C
1st floor: C1.01
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
1018 WV Amsterdam
Directions to REC-B/C (waiting room REC-C1.01)
- Take the entrance at REC-B/C and turn left
- At the end of the hallway, you will find the waiting room of REC 1.01
- Take a seat in the waiting room; you will be picked up there.
Workshops and information
The UvA Student Careers Centre organises various workshops and information sessions especially designed for international students on topics such as career development, the Dutch labour market and application skills.
Workshops, updates on labour market developments, inspiring career talks, CV-feedback, contact with employers, professional LinkedIn photos and information on the latest trends in applying for a job: you can find it all at the UvA career events.
- The UvA Career Day offers the latest trends and insights in the areas of job applications, recruitment and work. Workshops, individual CV and LinkedIn checks and career coaching will help you focus your career search and increase your chance of a successful application.
- The International Talent Event Amsterdam provides career workshops and brings together international UvA-students and employers looking for international graduates.
- The Career Networking Events give you the chance to expand your network and learn from UvA-alumni how they started their career in the Netherlands.
Call a careers adviser
For quick queries or to set up a one-to-one appointment, you can reach the careers advisers during phone hours (Tue-Fri from 09:00-10:00).
- First appointment / intake: 15-30 minutes
- Possible to book a follow-up appointment
- Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
- For all Bachelor’s and Master’s students at the UvA
Make an appointment
Make an appointment through the online agenda below. Click the arrow next to Appointment type to indicate the subject of the appointment.
If there are no suitable times and/or day(s) available, please contact us:
- By phone: Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 - 10:00 via +31 (0)20-525 1401
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to answer all questions about the career choices you have to make during your studies* and to provide support in any career steps after you have graduated. For questions beyond our scope we will refer you to other parties who can provide an answer.
Possible discussion topics:
- Practicing a job interview
- Using LinkedIn
- Choosing a Master’s programme
- Canceling or continuing your study programme
- Considering another study programme
- Finding your place in the labour market
- Making career choices
- Mapping out your talents, interests and motivation
For specific questions about your programme, such as admission to courses or your study curriculum, please contact your student advisor.
The UvA is closed on national holidays. For an overview, follow the link below.