Privacy Moot Court
After completing this course:
- the student has learned how a moot court functions
- the student is able to do independent research to build a (finctional) court case
- the student can make use of different perspectives on and approaches to privacy to argue either against or in favor of a certain position on a privacy issue
- the student is able to write a convincing report arguing either in favor or against a certain position on a privacy issue
- the student is able to give a convincing presentation either in favor or against a certain position on a privacy issue
The privacy moot court is open to a maximum of 9 people. In it, the students are provided with a dossier, containing a description of the case, background material and basic documents. The students are divided in three groups, representing the defence, the prosecution and the judge. After an introduction meeting, each group will have three weeks to write their report, which they will present and defend at the final meeting. The case will contain juridical, philosophical and technical dilemmas to which the students must provide their own answers through independent research.
UvA-students can register themself from 8 December 2016 (look for code 5512PRMC6Y in SIS) until a week before the start of the course. If you have any trouble while registering please contact: email@example.com
Other parties, such as contract students or students from other institutions, interested can register from 1 November 2016 through the registration form: http://iis.uva.nl/en/interdisciplinary-education/iis-courses/registration-forms/registration-forms.html.
Participation, written reports, final presentation
max. 9 participants (or 2 groups of 9, depending on interest for the course).
Costs Check the website: http://iis.uva.nl/en/interdisciplinary-education/iis-courses/costs/costs.html.
This course is a part of the minor Privacy Studies. For more information about this minor, please take a look at the website.: http://iis.uva.nl/en/interdisciplinary-education/iis-courses/course-listing-term-1/course-listing-term-1/course-listing-term-1/content/folder-2/minor-privacy.html
- Conditions for admission
- 6 ECTS, 8 weeks
- Language of instruction
- Starts in