Get the most out of your summer!
Enrol in a high-quality, short-term summer course at the University of Amsterdam Summer School. We offer intensive courses at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels right in the heart of the lively city of Amsterdam. Some courses are also open to professionals.
Many students and scholars take advantage of the summer season to further their academic development in a new and inspiring environment. At the UvA Summer School, they can pursue their studies in a wide range of disciplines while enjoying social and academic activities in one of the most culturally and intellectually vibrant cities of Western Europe – Amsterdam, capital of the Netherlands.
Why UvA Summer School?
- Inspiring courses: We offer high-quality and academically challenging courses that will introduce you to a new academic discipline or complement your existing studies. The courses draw on specific interdisciplinary themes in which our university excels.
- Credits: ECTS credits are allocated to many of the summer courses.
- Intellectual hub: The University of Amsterdam and the city of Amsterdam together form a global intellectual hub where science, culture and society meet.
- Study at a top-ranking university: The University of Amsterdam consistently appears in the top 100 of global university rankings. We are ranked 83rd in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 58th in the QS World University Rankings.
- International classrooms: Students from all over the world attend UvA Summer School courses. And some 3,000 international and exchange students from over 90 countries are presently enrolled at the University of Amsterdam, so you'll be joining a truly international environment.
- Discover the University of Amsterdam: If you're considering enrolling in a degree programme at the University of Amsterdam, UvA Summer School offers a quick, low-cost opportunity to experience the University.
- Discover the city of Amsterdam: We think Amsterdam is a great place to be in the summer, but why not judge for yourself? We warmly invite you to come and experience our terraces, parks, canals and festivals.