University of Amsterdam Summer School
Do you want to get the most out of your summer? Enrol in a high quality, short-term summer course at UvA Summer School. UvA Summer School offers intensive courses at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels. Some programmes are also open to professionals.
Every year a diverse group of students and scholars take advantage of the summer season to enrol in courses to further their academic development and to enjoy learning in a new academic environment. The University of Amsterdam Summer School offers a range of courses that will expose you to inspiring academics, as well as allowing you to enjoy various social and academic activities in one of the most culturally and intellectually important cities in Western Europe - Amsterdam.
Why UvA Summer School?
Inspiring courses: UvA Summer School offers high-quality and academically challenging courses that will introduce you to a new academic discipline or complement your existing studies. The courses draw on specific interdisciplinary themes in which the University of Amsterdam excels.
- Study at a top-ranking university: Ranked 83rd in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 58th in the QS World University Rankings, the University of Amsterdam consistently appears in the top 100 of global university rankings.
- Credits: Credits (ECTS) are allocated for many of the summer courses.
- Intellectual hub: The University of Amsterdam and the city of Amsterdam together form a global intellectual hub where science, culture and society meet.
- International classrooms: Students from all over the world attend UvA Summer School courses. Some 3,000 international and exchange students from over 90 countries are presently enrolled at the University of Amsterdam, so you'll be joining a truly international classroom environment.
- Discovering the University of Amsterdam: If you're considering enrolling in a degree programme at the University of Amsterdam, UvA Summer School offers a quick, low-cost opportunity to experience the UvA.