Once every four years, the UvA adopts a Strategic Plan outlining the strategic objectives in relation to its core tasks: teaching, research, social responsibility and innovation. The Strategic Plan 2011-2014: An Eye for Talent formulates various objectives regarding the quality of education, as derived from the UvA’s Vision on Teaching and Learning.
The key aspects of the quality of education:
- further improvement of study success during the Bachelor’s and Master’s phases;
- emphasis on academic development;
- linking teaching and research in the Bachelor’s and Master's phases;
- more ambitious academic culture;
- room for both differentiation and specialisation.