Child Development and Education
Development, education and biological and environmental factors
Staff participate in both the College and Graduate School of Child Development and Education, which coordinate the Department's Bachelor's and Master's programmes and the Research Institute of Child Development and Education, which is a centre of theoretical research in the field of pedagogics and didactics.
Research is organized in two research programs (which are part of the Research Institute of Child Development and Education):
- Child development: includes empirical research on cognitive, social-emotional, and biological development, and the effects of contextual factors and interventions on child and adolescent development and behaviour (normal and abnormal).
- Education: includes empirical research on learning, learning disorders, and instruction, and the effects of learner characteristics, specific educational interventions and contextual factors on the acquisition and development of cognitive and social-emotional skills.
Research Priority Area: Yield
Yield conducts multidisciplinary research on the bioecology of human development, from infancy to young adulthood, with perspectives from Medicine, Psychology, Pedagogics, Education, Communication, Economics, and Psychometrics.
The University of Amsterdam offers various Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Child Development and Education, including initial teacher training programmes.
- Onderwijswetenschappen (in Dutch)
- Pedagogische wetenschappen (in Dutch)
- Universitaire Pabo van Amsterdam (in Dutch)
Research Master's programme
Roeterseilandcampus - gebouw D
Nieuwe Achtergracht 127
1018 WS Amsterdam
Telefoon: +31 20 525 1201
prof. dr. T.T.D. (Thea) Peetsma
T.T.D.Peetsma@uva.nl | T: 0205251340Go to detailpage
Roeterseilandcampus - building B/C/D (entrance B/C)
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 | 1018 WV AmsterdamGo to detailpage
Building B: +31 (0)20 525 5340 | Building C: +31 (0)20 525 5470