dr. S.J. (Sijeong) Lim
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Programme group: Political Economy and Transnational Governance
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Room number: B8.06
1001 NB Amsterdam
Sijeong Lim is assistant professor at the Department of Political Science and part of the Political Economy and Transnational Governance (PETGOV) programme group. Her research interests lie at the intersection of international political economy and public policy. She seeks to understand how various dimensions of economic globalization influence public policy outputs and outcomes in industrializing countries, especially in the areas of social and environmental policies. She received her doctoral degree in Political Science from University of Washington, Seattle. Before coming to Amsterdam, she worked as a post-doctoral researcher at Stockholm University in Sweden.
- Lim, S., & Duit, A. (2018). Partisan politics, welfare states, and environmental policy outputs in the OECD countries, 1975–2005. Regulation & Governance, 12(2). DOI: 10.1111/rego.12138
- Lim, S. J. (in press). Unfairness Perceptions and A Weak Universal Welfare State in South Korea. Japanese Journal of Political Science.
- Lim, S. J., & Prakash, A. (2018). Inter‐Governmental Regimes and Recruitment to Private Regimes: GATT/WTO and the ISO, 1951–2005. Global Policy. DOI: 10.1111/1758-5899.12554
- Lim, S. J., & Burgoon, B. M. (in press). Globalization and Support for Unemployment Spending in Asia: Do Asian Citizens Want to Embed Liberalism? Socio-Economic Review.
- Lim, S., & Prakash, A. (2017). Do Economic Problems at Home Undermine Worker Safety Abroad? A Panel Study, 1980-2009. World Development, 96, 562-577. DOI: 10.1016/j.worlddev.2017.03.038 [details]
- Lim, S., & Prakash, A. (2017). From Quality Control to Labor Protection: ISO 9001 and Workplace Safety‚ 1993-2012. Global Policy, 8(S3), 66-77. DOI: 10.1111/1758-5899.12408 [details]
- Lim, S. (2015). Financial structures, firms, and the welfare states in South Korea and Singapore. Business and Politics, 17(2), 327-354. DOI: 10.1017/S1369525800001662 [details]
- Lim, S., Menaldo, V., & Prakash, A. (2015). Foreign aid, economic globalization, and pollution. Policy Sciences, 48(2), 181-205. DOI: 10.1007/s11077-014-9205-6 [details]
- Lim, S., Mosley, L., & Prakash, A. (2015). Revenue Substitution? How Foreign Aid Inflows Moderate the Effect of Bilateral Trade Pressures on Labor Rights. World Development, 67, 295-309. DOI: 10.1016/j.worlddev.2014.10.025
- Lim, S., & Prakash, A. (2014). Voluntary Regulations and Innovation: The Case of ISO 14001. Public Administration Review, 74(2), 233-244. DOI: 10.1111/puar.12189
- Lim, S. J., & Burgoon, B. M. (2017). Globalization and Support for Unemployment Spending in Asia: Do Asian Citizens Want to Embed Liberalism?. Paper presented at What's Next? Disruptive/Collaborative Economy or Business as Usual?, Lyon, France.
- Lim, S.J. & Burgoon, B.M. (2017): 2017 EHESS / Fondation France-Japon Best Paper Award for 'Globalization and Support for Unemployment Spending in Asia: Do Asian Citizens Want to Embed Liberalism?'.
- No ancillary activities