Winter course Digital Methods
Post-truth Empiricism: On the new epistemologies and research affordances of social media
The Digital Methods Initiative (DMI) Amsterdam, is holding its annual Winter School on Post-truth Empericism. The format is that of a (social media and web) data sprint, with hands-on work for telling stories with data, together with a programme of keynote speakers and a Mini-conference, where PhD candidates, motivated scholars and advanced graduate students present short papers on digital methods and new media related topics, and receive feedback from the Amsterdam DMI researchers and international participants. Participants need not give a paper at the Mini-conference to attend the Winter School. For a preview of what the event is like, you can view short video clips from previous editions of the Summer School.
- Dates: 7 - 11 January 2019
- Tuition fee: € 595
- Application deadline: 26 November 2018
- Academic director: Richard Rogers
- Academic level: all graduate levels - Master's, PhD candidates and professionals/scholars
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Field of study: New Media and Digital Culture
- Location: Faculty of Humanities, Media Studies, Turfdraagsterpad 9, Amsterdam
For all details about this Winter Course, please visit the Digital Methods website below.
- 6 ECTS, 1 weeks
- Language of instruction
- Starts in