The Netherlands-Flemish Institute in Cairo
The Netherlands-Flemish Institute in Cairo (NVIC) is an academic centre providing services to academics and students from the participating universities.
- Its teaching and research activities focus mainly on Arabic studies, Egyptology, archaeology, and papyrology, but the NVIC also represents the universities’ other disciplines.
- For instance, the institute offers academic courses in Egyptian archaeology and Arabic studies as an integral part of the study programmes of the Dutch and Flemish universities.
- The NVIC also supervises thesis research, papers and other individual study programmes for students during their stay in Egypt.
The website of the Netherlands-Flemish Institute in Cairo
The Dutch Interuniversity Institute for Art History in Florence
The Dutch Interuniversity Institute for Art History in Florence (NIKI) offers a thorough teaching and research programme.
- NIKI offers a broad teaching and research programme in art history and, in particular, the relationship between Italian, Dutch and Flemish art.
- Researchers and students have access to research and publication facilities, accommodation and the library.
- The institute offers annual grants to students and researchers.
The website of the Dutch Interuniversity Institute for Art History in Florence
The Royal Netherlands Institute in Rome
The Royal Netherlands Institute in Rome (KNIR) is an interuniversity organisation for academic teaching and research in the fields of history, art history and archaeology.
- Its academic staff members act as liaisons for their Dutch colleagues, conduct their own research, supervise students and doctoral candidates, and provide courses for Dutch students and graduates.
- The KNIR also offers grants to students and young researchers from Dutch universities to fund their studies in Rome.
The Royal Netherlands Institute in Rome website
The Netherlands Institute for Higher Education Ankara
The Netherlands Institute for Higher Education Ankara (NIHA) focuses on actively supporting collaboration between the higher education sectors in the Netherlands and Turkey.
NIHA's work includes:
- supporting and facilitating direct collaboration between higher education institutions in Turkey and the Netherlands;
- introducing and organising exchanges for lecturers and students;
- securing internships and promoting academic research;
- where appropriate, recruiting talented Turkish students for Dutch higher education institutions.
The Netherlands Institute for Higher Education Ankara website
Netherlands Institute in Turkey
The Netherlands Institute in Turkey (NIT) is a research institute focused on historical and archaeological research.
- The institute offers research facilities and encourages collaboration between Turkish and Dutch organisations working in academic research and higher education.
- In addition to a library, the institute offers accommodation for visiting researchers and students.
Website of the Netherlands Institute in Turkey
The Netherlands Institute in Morocco
The Netherlands Institute in Morocco (NIMAR) aims to promote collaboration and exchange in higher education and academic research between the Netherlands and Morocco.
NIMAR’s main objectives include:
- providing teaching programmes (such as for students of Arabic and social sciences);
- helping to organise internships;
- establishing a research programme;
- supporting researchers from the Netherlands and Morocco;
- promoting Dutch higher education.
The website of the Netherlands Institute in Morocco