KNAW Academy Professor Prize
The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) annually awards the Academy Professor Prize to two excellent researchers who have made a unique contribution to the development of their disciplines. The prize is intended to be a lifetime achievement award and is each worth €1 million euros.
One prize is awarded to a researcher in the social sciences or humanities, and the other to a researcher in the natural, technical or life sciences. The money must be used for academic purposes. The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation contributes to the prize money.
- Prof. J. Th. Leerssen (Faculty of Humanities)
- Prof. M.B.M. van der Klis (Faculty of Science)
- Prof. H.R. Büller – Amsterdam Medical Centre (UvA-AMC)
- Prof. J.M. ten Cate (Faculty of Dentistry)
- Prof. M.W. Sabelis (Faculty of Science)
- Prof. P.M.G. Emmelkamp (Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences)
- Prof. M.G. Bal (Faculty of Humanities