Doing Business in Contemporary China
The Amsterdam Business School offers a two-day in company masterclass to provide business practitioners and executives an understanding of and insight in China’s contemporary business landscape, and current and future business developments.
About the programme
"We have Chinese voices in most of the global discussions to understand China’s view on global and regional issues….as the country seeks a larger role in shaping the global economic order”
This masterclass addresses a list of topics including Chinese business culture and tradition, the central role and involvement of government, the emergence and growth of contemporary entrepreneurs and their global firms and China’s companies’ global expansion (globalisation) through outbound Chinese M&A.
The lectures will be given by China-experts at the Confucius Institute, ABS researchers familiar with China’s business and entrepreneurship, executives from Chinese firms, and case studies. In addition to the Master Class a study trip to China may be organised. This trip will include company visits and seminars, if a sufficient number of participants are interested in traveling to China.
After this programme you will:
- Have a good understanding of the business landscape in contemporary China
- Gain insight into the important role of government in China’s economy and business
- Have an understanding of the social and cultural aspects of Chinese business
- An overview of contemporary Chinese entrepreneurs and their businesses
- Get an insight into business opportunities in China
The course is designed for business professionals, practitioners, entrepreneurs and executives who are involved, or plan to be involved in business in / with China and are interested in understanding China’s contemporary business landscape, the role and impact of the government, challenges and opportunities for Dutch and European large firms and startups.
Faculty & speakers
- Tsvi Vinig, U of Amsterdam Business School and, Kuang Yaming Professor at Jilin U, China - Course coordinator
- Jingyi Liu, Director Confucius Institute Groningen and Amsterdam and Associate Professor Communication University of China
- Xuefei Cao, Director Groningen Confucius Institute, Managing director Dutch study centre Fudan University, China
- Mario Fan, Managing Partner and CEO, V2Future
- Jin Weihuang, ICBC Amsterdam, Deputy General Manager
Fact & Figures
For this masterclass no new dates have been scheduled. If you would like to be notified on China related events at the University of Amsterdam click on the above 'keep me informed' button. if you are interested in a customized in-company course on China, please contact us directly via email@example.com.
Location: Amsterdam Business School
Fee: €1595 Alumni will receive 10% discount
This programme is a collaboration between University of Amsterdam Business School, Groningen Confucius Institute Amsterdam, and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC).
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. ICBC is dual listed on both Shanghai and Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Currently ICBC is the world's largest bank in terms of total assets, core capital, profit and brand value. Serving more than 5 million corporate customers and about 500 million personal customers, ICBC enjoys prominent position in international banking community. ICBC attaches great importance to global strategy covering 42 overseas countries and regions with great competence in providing cross-border integrated services. ICBC Amsterdam branch was set up in Jan/2011 to bridge and facilitate Sino-Dutch trade and investment.
GCIA is specialized in Chinese language teaching, crossing culture training and business communication in doing business with china. Their professionals have in depth experience and exposure in teaching and training both in china and Europe.
GCIA holds cultural and business events to promote Chinese culture and create business opportunities.
- Part-time, short-term
- Language of instruction
- Starts in