Actuarial Science and Mathematical Finance
Request the brochure
Get a clear overview of the programme in our 4 page brochure. Receive the brochure now (more than 30 downloaded per month).
One master's programme: two tracks
This programme is your ticket to excellent career prospects. You may find employment working as an actuary or a risk manager with an insurance company, an actuarial consultancy firm or a pension fund. The actuarial profession is one of highest rewarding on the current labour market. In recent years, the mathematical and specialist modelling skills of the actuary have also seen demand from companies outside the insurance world.
- Actuarial Science and Mathematical Finance: general
- Actuarial Science and Mathematical Finance: Quantitative Risk Management
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive an accredited Master’s degree in Actuarial Science and Mathematical Finance, and the title Master of Science (MSc).
Amsterdam School of Economics
The Amsterdam School of Economics (ASE) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) has an excellent reputation, with an international focus and many highly reputable researchers and teachers. The UvA, placed 57th in the QS World University Rankings for 2016, is a challenging environment where critical thinking and an independent and inquisitive mind can roam free. Thanks to a diverse influx of students and an active network of international alumni, you’ll be able to share memories with other ASE graduates for years to come.
Rankings and reputation
- 57th in world and 1st in Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2016);
- 45th worldwide in the Faculty Area Rankings for Social Sciences and Management (QS World University Rankings 2015-2016);
- 63th and 2nd in the Netherlands (Times Higher Education rankings 2016-2017);
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), an exclusive network of renowned research universities;
- member of Universitas 21, a network of 27 leading research-intensive universities in 17 countries;
- the Amsterdam School of Economics is an excellently ranked school with an international outlook and highly valued researchers and lecturers;
- The ASE has a highly diverse student body and a vibrant community of international alumni.
Part-time programme (Dutch students only)
Refer to the link below for information on the part-time programme.
- Degree programme
- 60 ECTS, 12 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
- CROHO code