Master's Media Studies
In a world where the transformation of media culture impacts not only the media environment but our culture, politics and everyday life, it is vital that we understand and evaluate these ongoing transformations.
Media Studies at the University of Amsterdam
The University of Amsterdam is home to five unique and innovative Master’s programmes in the field of Media Studies. From film and television studies to journalism, new media and digital culture, the programmes offer depth and diversity in their approach to the study of media, teaching you the most important dynamics of our media culture and how to conceptualise them in a critical and meaningful way. Our Media Studies programmes build on the pioneering field of new media and train you to effectively engage with the rapid transformation of contemporary media culture.
Five Master's programmes in Media Studies
Learn more about our individual Master's programmes, their entry requirements and how to apply via the following links:
Why study Media Studies at the University of Amsterdam
The University of Amsterdam offers you:
- A world-class education in Media Studies ranked second in the world according to the QS World Rankings by Subject in 2017.
- Amsterdam is a vibrant and creative cultural hub with a pioneering media scene.
- An international staff of world-renowned researchers and experts to guide you during your studies.
- A research-oriented programme that offers you the opportunity to develop a study programme tailored to your own interests.
- A vast network of media partners including, among others, the EYE Film Institute and the International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA)
- Degree programme
- MA / rMA Media Studies
- Regular study programme
- 60-120 ECTS, 12-24 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
- CROHO code