Application and admission
Brain and Cognitive Sciences (MSc)
On this page:
Please first consult the entry requirements via the link in the left column and then select the appropriate application procedure below.
Register in Studielink
All students who would like to apply to a programme at the University of Amsterdam will need to start their application process by registering in Studielink. Studielink is the national online registration system for students who would like to pursue a degree programme at a Dutch university. On information how to register in Studielink see the link below.
Application file submission international students
International applicants need to apply via the international office, see the link below for specific information on the application file procedure for international students. Further below you can find the general procedure after submission of the application file.
Application file submission Dutch students
Dutch applicants can follow the procedure in the link below for submitting their application file.
General application procedure (same for Dutch and International students):
After receiving the application files the Board of Examiners will assess the applications based on the entry requirements:
- Previous Academic Education
- Extra curricular activities
- Academic English speaking and writing skills
- Overall impression (such as interest in research, interdisciplinary focus etc.)
Based on the assessment of the application files, applicants will be divided into three groups
- those who will be directly accepted
- those who will be invited for a selection interview*
- those who will be directly rejected
* All suitable international applicants will be invited for a selection interview (skype) as part of our standard procedure
Applicants may be invited to an admission interview with the programme manager. This interview is used to determine students' motivation, academic potential and progress and ambition. The programme manager and the Board of Examiners consult to determine whether the student is suited for admission to the Research Master's programme in Brain and Cognitive Sciences. For international students, the selection interview is an obligatory part of the application procedure.
- Non-EU/EEA students are advised to apply before February 1
- EU/EEA students are advised to apply before March 15
- The ultimate deadline for all applicants is April 1
In case you cannot submit the necessary documents on time, please contact us through the email address below.