International Dramaturgy (Arts and Culture)
This professional Master's programme trains future generations of dramaturges to work in theatrical settings across cultural, linguistic, social and national boundaries.
Working in an international cultural and artistic sphere
The theatre and performance practice of today is increasingly characterised by international and intercultural collaborations. Taking the stage at festivals and performance venues, where artists and groups come together from across the world, today's dramaturges are required to historicise, interpret and translate theatrical processes across a broad range of cultural and artistic spheres. During this Master's programme in International Dramaturgy, you will develop practical as well as theoretical skills to engage with these new cross-cultural performance contexts. The programme offers in-depth training in cultural translation, adaptation and mediation for a wealth of 21st-century international performance practices.
Want to know more?
Reread all of the information at your own convenience in our factsheet.
The Dual Master's International Dramaturgy is an accredited degree programme of Arts and Culture. After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master's degree in Arts and Culture and the title Master of Arts (MA).
Why study International Dramaturgy in Amsterdam?
The Master's in International Dramaturgy offers you:
- A programme that is unique in Europe and one of the leading programmes of its kind worldwide;
- The chance to study in Amsterdam's city centre, a European cultural hub with a vibrant international performance scene;
- Collaborations with the National Opera, leading theatres, performers and production houses;
- Individual support to help you find suitable internships, both locally and internationally;
- An international teaching staff of leading experts in the field of dramaturgy;
- The chance to go on an international exchange at universities in Cape Town, Sao Paulo, Stockholm, Berlin and Ghent.
- MA Arts and Culture
- 90 EC, 18 maanden