Physics and Astronomy: Science, Business and Innovation (track)
Important note: starting 1 September 2017, Science, Business and Innovation will be an independent Master's Programme, offered by VU Amsterdam only. All up-to-date information and application for this programme is therefore available on VU Amsterdam.
Successfully introducing scientific knowledge and inventions into the market is a complex process in which science and business cooperate at each stage of development to the fullest extent. Are you curious about how to integrate both the scientific and the business side of innovations? Do you want to play a crucial part in determining the economic success of innovations? Then the joint degree Science, Business & Innovation (SBI) Master’s track at the UvA and VU University Amsterdam is the programme for you.
Is Science, Business and Innovation in Amsterdam the study for me?
It is, if you:
- are broadly interested in natural sciences and business and want to build bridges between research and market.
- have a solid background in the natural sciences, technology studies and science based innovation studies.
- are eager to apply your acquired scientific knowledge in cases and research
- want the advantages of a small-scale programme, where students and staff all know each other.
- enjoy working and studying in interenational teams. Our Science, Business & Innovation department is also very internationally–oriented. Our academic staff has extensive international experience and our students come from many different countries.
What does Science, Business and Innovation in Amsterdam have to offer me?
As an interdisciplinary programme the Master's track SBI is unique in the Netherlands and is a close collaboration between several faculties. SBI constitutes a separate track in the Physics and Astronomy and Chemistry Master's and consists of two specialisation themes; energy & sustainability and life & health.
- MSc Physics and Astronomy
- Regulier onderwijs
- 120 EC, 24 maanden