mw. dr. F.L. (Fleur) Bouwer PhD
Faculteit der Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen
Programmagroep: Brain & Cognition
Nieuwe Achtergracht 129 Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 129
1018 WS Amsterdam
Fleur Bouwer is currently a postdoctoral researcher in the lab of Heleen Slagter, working on a project examining temporal prediction in musical rhythm in collaboration with Professor Henkjan Honing. In 2016, Fleur received an ABC Talent grant. Fleur obtained her PhD in 2016, researching the neural underpinnings of rhythm and beat perception. She holds both a Master of Science in Psychology (cum laude, 2011, University of Amsterdam) and a Master of Music (with distinction, 2009, Amsterdam Conservatory). Currently, Fleur combines her fascination for the human brain and her passion for music in her research examining auditory prediction in general, and temporal predictions that underly rhythm and beat perception in particular. Using methods like EEG and fMRI, she aims to further our knowledge about the exceptional bond between humans and music.
In addition to her work as a PhD candidate, Fleur is an enthusiastic educator, both in teaching courses at the bachelor and master level at the University of Amsterdam and in bringing the science of music cognition to the public.
For more information, also see: www.fleurbouwer.nl
- Roncaglia-Denissen, M. P., Bouwer, F. L., & Honing, H. (2017). Language and music syntax: the simultaneous processing of long-distance dependencies. Frontiers in Psychology. [details]
- Bouwer, F. L., Werner, C. M., Knetemann, M., & Honing, H. (2016). Disentangling beat perception from sequential learning and examining the influence of attention and musical abilities on ERP responses to rhythm. Neuropsychologia, 85, 80-90. DOI: 10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2016.02.018 [details / files]
- Bouwer, F. L., van Zuijen, T. L., & Honing, H. (2014). Beat processing is pre-attentive for metrically simple rhythms with clear accents: An ERP study. PLoS One, 9(5), [e97467]. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0097467 [details] [PDF]
- Honing, H., Bouwer, F. L., & Háden, G. P. (2014). Perceiving temporal regularity in music: The role of auditory event-related potentials (ERPs) in probing beat perception. In H. Merchant, & V. de Lafuente (Eds.), Neurobiology of interval timing (pp. 305-323). (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology; Vol. 829). New York: Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4939-1782-2_16 [details]
- Bouwer, F. L., & Honing, H. (2012). Rhythmic regularity revisited: Is beat induction indeed pre-attentive? In International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition. (pp. 122-127). Thessaloniki: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. [details]
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden