dhr. J.P. (Jelle) Bruineberg MA
Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen
Logic and Language
Oude Turfmarkt 141
Oude Turfmarkt 141
1012 GC Amsterdam
My name is Jelle Bruineberg, PhD candidate and lecturer in theoretical philosophy at the Philosophy Department of the University of Amsterdam. Besides this I am associate of the UvA's newly founded Institute for Advanced Studies.
From 2014 I have been writing my dissertation, titled: "Anticipating Affordances: intentionality in self-organizing brain-body-environment systems", under the supervision of dr. Erik Rietveld, dr. Leendert van Maanen and prof. dr. Martin Stokhof as a part of Rietveld's VIDI-project ‘Landscape of Affordances: Situating the Embodied Mind’.
I am defending my dissertation, titled on March 7th at 11:00 in the Aula of the University of Amsterdam.
My current research interests lie on the intersection between theoretical neuroscience, embodied cognitive science, complex systems and phenomenology.
- PhD. Philosophy University of Amsterdam (2014-present) To be defended on March 7th, 2018.
- MSc. Brain and Cognitive Sciences, specialization Cognitive Science, Cum Laude, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands. (2011-2014)
- M.A. Philosophy, specialization Phenomenology and Philosophy of Mind, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2011-2014)
- B.A. Philosophy, Cum Laude, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2009-2011)
- BSc. Physics and Astronomy, Cum Honore, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2007-2010)
- Rietveld, D. W., Bruineberg, J. P., & Chemero, T. (2018). General Ecological Information supports engagement with affordances for 'higher' cognition. Synthese. DOI: 10.1007/s11229-018-1716-9
- Bruineberg, J., Kiverstein, J., & Rietveld, E. (2016). The anticipating brain is not a scientist: the free-energy principle from an ecological-enactive perspective. Synthese. DOI: 10.1007/s11229-016-1239-1
- Bruineberg, J. P. (2018). Anticipating affordances: Intentionality in self-organizing brain-body-environment systems [details]
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden