dhr. A.C. (Andreas) Goldberg
Faculteit der Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen
Programmagroep: Political Communication & Journalism
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Amsterdam
1001 NG Amsterdam
Andreas Goldberg is postdoctoral researcher at the Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR), University of Amsterdam. He is working on the EUROPINIONS project, which analyses causes and consequences of change in public opinion about Europe. Previously Andreas worked at the Department of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Geneva, where he also did his PhD. His thesis investigated the impact of cleavages on voting behaviour with a particular focus on contextual effects and their interaction with individual variables. In parallel to his PhD study, Andreas was collaborator in the Swiss Electoral Studies Project (SELECTS). Before, he studied European Master in Government and holds two MAs from the University of Konstanz and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona.
His research interests include political behaviour in elections and referendums (both regarding vote choice and turnout). He is also interested in survey research, particularly nonresponse bias and misreporting. For more information, see https://andreascgoldberg.com/.
- Sciarini, P., & Goldberg, A. C. (2017). Lost on the Way: Nonresponse and its Influence on Turnout Bias in Postelection Surveys. International Journal of Public Opinion Research, 29(2), 291-315. DOI: 10.1093/ijpor/edv049
- Goldberg, A. C. (2017). The Impact of Cleavages on Swiss Voting Behaviour: A Modern Research Approach. (Contributions to Political Science). Cham: Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-46000-0 [details]
- Sciarini, P., Cappelletti, F., Goldberg, A. C., & Lanz, S. (2016). The Underexplored Species: Selective Participation in Direct Democratic Votes. Swiss Political Science Review, 22(1), 75-94. DOI: 10.1111/spsr.12178 [details]
- Sciarini, P., & Goldberg, A. C. (2016). Turnout Bias in Postelection Surveys: Political Involvement, Survey Participation, and Vote Overreporting. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology, 4(1), 110-137. DOI: 10.1093/jssam/smv039
- Goldberg, A. C., & Sciarini, P. (2014). Electoral Competition and the New Class Cleavage. Swiss Political Science Review, 20(4), 573-589. DOI: 10.1111/spsr.12117
- Goldberg, A. C. (2014). The Impact of Religion on Voting Behaviour - A Multilevel Approach for Switzerland. Swiss Political Science Review, 20(2), 305-329. DOI: 10.1111/spsr.12068
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden