mw. dr. F. (Franziska) Marquart
Faculteit der Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen
Programmagroep: Political Communication & Journalism
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
1001 NG Amsterdam
Franziska is a postdoctoral researcher at the Amsterdam School of Communication Research, where she works on the ERC-funded project on EUROPINIONS, led by Prof. Claes de Vreese. She earned her PhD from the University of Vienna in Austria, where she was part of the Advertising and Media Effects research group. In her thesis, she investigated the content and effects of right-wing populist political advertising strategies in Western Europe. Her research interests center around political communication effects, experimental methods, and the impact of visual communication in various mediated context. In addition, she worked on a project studying the content, mechanisms and effects of food product placements in children’s movies, and is engaged in work on exposure to cross-cutting information in old and new media environments. Prior to her work in Vienna, Franziska earned a Master degree in Communication Science from the University of Erfurt in Germany.
- Marquart, F., Goldberg, A. C., van Elsas, E. J., Brosius, A., & de Vreese, C. H. (2018). Knowing is not loving: Media effects on knowledge about and attitudes toward the EU. Journal of European Integration. DOI: 10.1080/07036337.2018.1546302
- Naderer, B., Matthes, J., Binder, A., Marquart, F., Mayrhofer, M., Obereder, A., & Spielvogel, I. (2018). Shaping children's healthy eating habits with food placements? Food placements of high and low nutritional value in cartoons, Children's BMI, food-related parental mediation strategies, and food choice. Appetite, 120, 644-653. DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2017.10.023 [details]
- Naderer, B., Matthes, J., Marquart, F., & Mayrhofer, M. (2018). Children’s attitudinal and behavioral reactions to product placements: Investigating the role of placement frequency, placement integration, and parental mediation. International Journal of Advertising, 37(2), 236-255. DOI: 10.1080/02650487.2016.1218672 [details]
- Marquart, F., & Matthes, J. (2016). Campaigning subtle exclusionism: The effects of right-wing populist positive ads on attitudes toward foreigners in Austria. Studies in Communication I Media (SCM), 5(2), 223-239. DOI: 10.5771/2192-4007-2016-2-223
- Marquart, F., Matthes, J., & Rapp, E. (2016). Selective Exposure in the Context of Political Advertising: A Behavioral Approach Using Eye-Tracking Methodology. International Journal of Communication : IJoC, 10, 2576-2595.
- Matthes, J., Marquart, F., Arendt, F., & Wonneberger, A. (2016). The selective avoidance of threat appeals in right-wing populist political ads: An implicit cognition approach using eye-tracking methodology. In P. Verlegh, H. Voorveld, & M. Eisend (Eds.), Advances in Advertising Research (Vol. VI): The Digital, the Classic, the Subtle, and the Alternative (pp. 135-145). (European Advertising Academy). Wiesbaden: Springer Gabler. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-658-10558-7_12 [details]
- Arendt, F., & Marquart, F. (2015). Corrupt politicians? Media priming effects on overtly expressed stereotypes toward politicians. Communications: The European Journal of Communication Research, 40(2), 185-197.
- Arendt, F., Marquart, F., & Matthes, J. (2015). Effects of right-wing populist political advertising on implicit and explicit stereotypes. Journal of Media Psychology, 27(4), 178-189.
- Matthes, J., & Marquart, F. (2015). A new look at campaign advertising and political engagement. Exploring the effects of opinion-congruent and –incongruent political ads. Communication Research, 42(1), 134-155.
- Matthes, J., Marquart, F., Naderer, B., Arendt, F., Schmuck, D., & Adam, K. (2015). Questionable research practices in experimental communication research: A systematic analysis from 1980 to 2013. Communication Methods and Measures, 9(4), 193-207.
- Arendt, F., Marquart, F., & Matthes, J. (2013). Positively valenced, calming political ads. Their influence on the correspondence between implicit and explicit attitudes. Journal of Media Psychology, 25, 72-82.
- Marquart, F. (2017). Methodological Rigor in Quantitative Research Methods. In J. Matthes (Ed.), The International Encyclopedia of Communication Research Methods (Vol. 2). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell. DOI: 10.1002/9781118901731.iecrm0221
- Marquart, F. (2017). Publication Bias. In J. Matthes (Ed.), The International Encyclopedia of Communication Research Methods (Vol. 3). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell. DOI: 10.1002/9781118901731.iecrm0192
- Marquart, F., Goldberg, A. C., van Elsas, E. J., Brosius, A., & de Vreese, C. H. (2018). It’s EUr choice. Selective exposure to and effects of media coverage on European Union attitudes. Paper presented at Etmaal van de Communicatiewetenschap, Ghent, Belgium.
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden