dhr. prof. dr. V.S. (Victor) Maas
Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde
Plantage Muidergracht 12 Kamernummer: M1.29
1001 NL Amsterdam
Victor Maas is Professor of Accounting at the University of Amsterdam. He earned his PhD at the University of Amsterdam in 2007 and worked at Erasmus University Rotterdam before returning to Amsterdam as full professor in September 2014.
Victor teaches courses in financial and management accounting in undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs.
His research is focused on how economic incentives, cognitive processes and the social environment affect the way in which individuals produce and use accounting information. He has published in journals such as The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research, Accounting Organizations & Society, Management Accounting Research, Behavioral Research in Accounting, European Accounting Review, Accounting and Business Research, British Journal of Management and Journal of Business Ethics.
Victor is a member of the editorial boards of Accounting Organizations & Society, Accounting and Business Research, Behavioral Research in Accounting, Journal of Management Accounting Research, and Management Accounting Research, and associate editor of the European Accounting Review. He is also coordinator of the European Network for Experimental Accounting Research (ENEAR).
Victor has extensive experience teaching management accounting, financial accounting, and control at all levels from undergraduate programs to PhD programs and executive programs.
This year he is responsible for
Financial Accounting 1 for Economics
Financial Accounting 1 for Business
- Bol, J. C., Kramer, S., & Maas, V. S. (2016). How control system design affects performance evaluation compression: The role of information accuracy and bonus transparency. Accounting, Organizations and Society, 51, 64-73. DOI: 10.1016/j.aos.2016.01.001 [details]
- Kramer, S., Maas, V. S., & van Rinsum, M. (2016). Relative Performance Information, Rank Ordering and Employee Performance: A Research Note. Management Accounting Research, 33, 16-24. DOI: 10.1016/j.mar.2016.03.004 [details]
- Hartmann, F. G. H., & Maas, V. S. (2011). The effects of uncertainty on the roles of controllers and budgets: an exploratory study. Accounting and Business Research, 41(5), 439-458. DOI: 10.1080/00014788.2011.597656 [details]
- Maas, V. S., & Torres-Gonzalez, R. (2011). Subjective performance evaluation and gender discrimination. Journal of Business Ethics, 101(4), 667-681. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-011-0763-7 [details]
- Maas, V. S., & Matejka, M. (2009). Balancing the dual responsibilities of business unit controllers: field and survey evidence. The Accounting Review, 84(4), 1233-1253. DOI: 10.2308/accr.2009.84.4.1233 [details]
- Naranjo-Gil, D., Maas, V. S., & Hartmann, F. G. H. (2009). How CFOs determine management accounting innovation: an examination of direct and indirect effects. European Accounting Review, 18(4), 667-695. DOI: 10.1080/09638180802627795 [details]
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden
PE onderwijs voor accountants en controllers via NBA/VRC.