dhr. dr. G.T. (Tsvi) Vinig
Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde
Sectie Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Plantage Muidergracht 12 Kamernummer: M4.17
1001 NL Amsterdam
- Contributions to conferences, workshops, seminars, summer schools
''Difficult things we do quickly, the impossible takes a little longer'' (DbG)
· Associate professor, University of Amsterdam Business School. Coordinates the Entrepreneurship and Innovation track (http://www.studeren.uva.nl/msc_business_studies/object.cfm/A1471D02-4F2E-4906-B96F0003FCBDC36F), in the Masters in Business Studies.
· Founding Director, Science Park Amsterdam Center for Entrepreneurship, at Science Park Amsterdam (ACE @ Science Park), 2007-2012.
· Dean, the International MBA at the HvA/HES School of Economics and Business. (2003-2007). The MBA has been awarded Dutch Higher Education Council (NVAO) Accreditation in October 2006.
. Visiting professor Jilin University, China
. Visiting professor Ben-Gurion University, Israel
- Science & technology entrepreneurship
- Networks in Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship and globalization
- Entrepreneurship development in China
Prizes and honours
- Gold Medal Award for outstanding achievement in Social Sciences and Humanities, University of Malaya Innovation and Creativity Expo 2010 in recognition of research excellence for the project: Patterns of Complex Networks in Business: Socially sustainable gender based business networks.
- Lecturer of the Year at the International MBA of the HES. 2004.
- Honorary professor, Jilin University School of Economics. 2014
>> Visiting professor, Nankai University Business School, Tjanjin, China (2006).
>> Visiting professor, Jilin University School of Economics, Changchun, China. (2010 - ).
>> Visiting professor,Guilford Glazer Faculty of Business & Management, Ben-Gurion University, Israel (2012 - ).
>> Visiting professor, Asia-Europe Institute, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (2003-2010)
Held senior positions with technology firms (Intel Corp., Texas Instruments Inc.), and in Management Consulting (Delloite & Touche Management Solutions, James Martin Associates).
Non-executive director and Advisory Board member at FTA Satallite Communications S.A.R.L, and Flexman IT bv
<div class="LI-profile-badge" data-version="v1" data-size="medium" data-locale="en_US" data-type="horizontal" data-theme="light" data-vanity="tsvivinig"><a class="LI-simple-link" href='https://nl.linkedin.com/in/tsvivinig?trk=profile-badge'>Tsvi Vinig</a></div>
-International Entrepreneurship (Masters course 6314M0171)
-Theories in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Masters course,6314M0183)
-Entrepreneurship in Science and Technology (Masters corse,6314M0163)
-Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Bachelor course,6012B0215)
(*) PhD - Song Yang. Complex network in entrepreneurship. UvA Business
School. Successfully defended on Nov. 2012.
(*) PhD - Sun Zhe, Chinese outbound M&A in Europe - Stakeholders and strategic action (2010 - 2014)
(*) PhD - Liang Zhao, The development of Chinese hightech (2013 - 2017)
(*) PhD Tangku Rethwan, Bamiputra Entrepreneurship in Malaysia. (External candidate).
Books, book chapters:
- Vinig G.T. (2014). Jewish Entrepreneurs. China Machine Press. ISBN 9-787-111-463-894 (in Chinese). 犹太创业家:揭秘犹太创业者的8大成功因素 [平装]
- Vinig G.T., Rijsbergen D. (2010). University technology transfer - Comparative study of US, Europe and Australian universities. In Malach-Pines & Ozbilgin,, Handbook of Research on High-Tech Entrepreneurship. (pp. 179-209). Elgar Publishing. ISBN: 978-1-84720-949-8.
- Vinig G.T., van der Voort R. ; Ed. (2005). The Emergence of Entrepreneurial Economics. Elsevier. Oxford, UK. ISBN 0-7623-12416.
- Vinig G.T., van der Voort R. (2003). Cloning Silicon Valley – Path Dependence analysis, in: M. Dowling et al (ed.). Advances in interdisciplinary European entrepreneurship research. Lit-Verlag. ISBN 3-8258-7289-0.
- Vinig T., Lips D. (2014). Measuring the performance of university technology transfer using meta-dat approach: The case of Dutch universities. 2014 International Conference on Developing China's Innovation-Based Economy Through technology Entrepreneurship. 29-30 April, Jilin U. Changchun, China.
- Sun Z., Vinig T. (2013). Chinese outbound M&A: An anatomy of domestic stakeholders and strategic actions. The 6th AIE conference, University of Oxford, UK. 28-29 August 2013.
- Song Y., Vinig G.T. (2012). Online Social Network Matters to EntrepreneurialPerformance: the Role of Network Diversity. International Journal of Organizational Design and Engineering. Vol. 2, No. 2. Pp. 189-203.
- Song Y., Vinig T. (2011). Online social network matters to entrepreneurial performance: the role ofnetwork diversity performance, Collaborative Innovation Networks: Thinking the swarm (Coins11). 8- 10 September 2011, Basel, Switzerland. Live streams are available at http://www.livestream.com/coinsconference/folder
- Bin He, Zheng Li, Tsvi Vinig, (2010). Entrepreneurship, technological progress and resource allocation efficiency: a case of China. Journal of Chinese Entrepreneurship, Vol. 2 Iss: 3, pp.242 – 254.
- Song Y., Vinig G.T.; (2010). Entrepreneurs Network of Networks: Studying entrepreneurs social netwerk using smart-phone data. Babson conference on Entrepreneurship Research. Laussan, Switzerland. in: Frontier of Entrepreneurship Research, 2010.
- Song Y., Vinig T. (2010). Study of entrepreneurs social network using LinkedIn data. Sunbelt Social Network Analysis Conference. 29 June – 4 July 2010, Riva del Garda, Italy.
- J. Mohd Jan, F. Talib, S. Kumar, T. Vinig, (2010). Pattern in business and social networks amongst women entrepreneurs: An Ethnography inquiry. EELC 2010 conference. 23-24 Sept. 2010. U of Birmingham, UK. (The project was awarded the Gold Medal in the Innovation Creativity Expo 2010 of the University of Malaya in recognition for research excellence.)
- Jing C., Vinig G.T.; Entrepreneurship: An analytical thermodynamic theory. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=979858
- Vinig G.T. (2007). Scientists are entrepreneurs so why universities are not entrepreneurial? Presented at the 6th Triple Helix Conference. 16-18 May 2007, National University of Singapore
- Vinig G.T., Yuan N. (2006). Ownership structure of Chinese SMS's and the challenges it presents to SME growth. Conference on Entrepreneurship Research and Education in China. Nankai University, Tjanjin China 8-12 April 2006.
- Vinig G.T., Li Z., van der Voort R. (2005). Entrepreneurship as population behaviour – Evolutionary game analysis. The Babson-Kauffman Conference on Entrepreneurship Research (25th Anniversary). 9 – 11 June 2005, Boston USA.
- Vinig G.T. & Haan, M. de (2005). How do Venture Capitalists Screen Business Plans? Evidence from The Netherlands and the US. ICFAI Journal of Financial Economics. March 2005. (Earlier version was posted on SSRN network at http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=321860. listed on SSRN’s Top Ten downloads list for ‘FEN Banking & Financial Institutions Journals’)
- Vinig G.T., Zheng L. (2004). A game theory model for the choice to become entrepreneur. The Interdisciplinary European Conference on Entrepreneurship (IECER), 9-11 January 2004. Regensburg university, Germany.
- Vinig G.T., van der Voort R. (2003). Cloning Silicon Valley – Path Dependence analysis. The Interdisciplinary European Conference on Entrepreneurship (IECER). University of Regensburg, Germany. 13-14/2/2003.
- Vinig G.T. (2002). Creating a Successful Technology Sector. A Causal model of the development of the high-tech sector in Israel in the 1990s. Trends in Communications, No. 10, pp. 65-86.
- Vinig G.T., (2002). Entrepreneurship as Emergence, Entrepreneur as Strange Attractor: A Framework for Entrepreneurship Research and Theory Development. Abstract at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=322721
- Vinig G.T., (2001), Entrepreneurship based technology sector – The case of the Israeli high-tech sector. Keynote presentation at the 6th International ITF Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. 27-29 August 2001.
- Vinig G.T., Blocq R., Braafhart J., Laufer O. (1998), Developing A Successful Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Industry: The Role of Venture Capital, Knowledge, and the Government, Proceedings of the 19th Annual International Conference on Information Systems, Helsinki, Finland, December 13-16.
KEYNOTE TALKS AND CONFERENCES
- Conference Chair - The 2014 International Conference on Developing China's Innovation-Based Economy Through Technology Entrepreneurship. 29-30 April 2014, Jilin University. www.jilin2014.org. (2014年“科技创业与中国创新型经济发展”国际会议欢迎您！2014年4月29-30日, 吉林·长春·中国
- Technology Entrepreneurship - The case of Israel.
中关村股权投资协会（ZVCA） China Zhongguancun Private Equity & Venture Capital Association, Beijing April 2014.
- Activators for Successful Entrepreneurship. China Machine Press Innovation Summit, Beijing April 2014.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation based economy. Innovation Counselors of The State Council (COSC). Beijing 2014.
- Jewish entrepreneurship. Jilin University School of Economic. 9 May 2013.
- Entrepreneur's online social networks - Structure, diversity and impact on performance. Guest faculty seminar, Guilford Glazer Faculty of Business & Management Ben-Gurion University, Israel. 9/1/-2013.
- Invited talk in the seminar Entrepreneurship in Higher Education: "Increasing Competitiveness, Enhancing Resilience," organized by the Malayan Ministry of Higher Education and the Asia-Europe Institute, University of Malaya. Kuala Lumpur 13-14 December 2011. Hosted by the Minister of Higher Education. Title: The entrepreneurial method – Theory and practice.
- Panel member in the round table on: Moving Towards High Income Nation: Strengthening The Role of Entrepreneurship Education in Malaysia Higher Education Institutes. Kuala Lumpur, 15 Dec. 2011. Hosted by the National Council of Professors, Malaysia and the Higher Education Leadership Academy (AKEPT)
- Guilford Glazer Faculty of Business & Management Ben-Gurion University, Israel. High-tech Entrepreneurship. 26-27 June 2011.
- Amsterdam University College (AUC), ‘Jazz improvisation approach to entrepreneurship’. Seminar presentation at the Who’s in Town seminar series of the AUC. 27 October 2010.
- Panel member and presentation at the EEC & EFER conference at St. Petersburg State Unibversity, Graduate School of Management on ‘Building centers of entrepreneurship’. 11-12 October, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Science and technology entrepreneurship. Van der Waals-Zeeman Institute for experimental Physics, Faculty of Science, UvA. colloquium, March 2008.
- Science and technology entrepreneurship. Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences seminar. Faculty of Science, UvA. April 2008.
- Keynote presentation at the Conference on 'Entrepreneurship in Bulgaria' organized by the New Bulgarian University and M-Tel, Sofia, Bulgaria February 2006. Title: 'Science and Technology Based Entrepreneurship - The Role of the High-Tech Sector'.
- Keynote presentation at the conference on 'Entrepreneurship Research and Education in China', Organized by Nankai Business School, sponsored by the Chinese Science Foundation. Tjanjin, China, April, 2006. Title: Entrepreneurship and the Chinese Science and Technology development Program 2006-2020.
- Master class for senior executives of the Amsterdam municipality, organized by UvA & VU CvB, chaired by J. Cohen, 2 Nov. 2007. Science and Technology Entrepreneurship (Amsterdam beta stad).
- Master class for senior executives of the ministry of OeCW, organized by UvA CvB (Paul Doop) on entrepreneurship at Science Park Amsterdam. 28 September 2007.
- Invited seminar on Entrepreneurship and Globalization - PhD and faculty at the Ben-Gurion University, School of Management. Israel, November 2007.
- MBA Seminar at the Nankai Business School, Nankai University, Tjanjin, China on 'How Do Venture Capitalists Screen Business Plan'. 2006.
- Globalization and entrepreneurship. OECD CENTRE FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP, SMEs AND LOCAL DEVELOPMENT. Expert Panel on GLOBALISATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP. 27-29 October 2008, Paris.
- Science Entrepreneurship. Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional Development. 15-16 April 15th, Guilford Glazer School of Business and Management, Ben Gurion University, Israel
Membership editorial staff or referee activities
- Guest editor of a special issue on China's Innovation for the Technology Analysis and Strategic Management. 2014
- Member of the review board. Journal of Business & Entrepreneurship. 2003.
- Reviewer Journal of International Business Studies. 2007.
- Invited guest co-editor. Innovation: Management Policy & Practice. 2003.
Editorial board - International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change (IJISSC).
National Science Foundation (NSF), US. Referee for the National Chinese Enterprise Data Collection Project. October 2008.
Referee for International Small Business Journal.
Referee for International Review of Law and Economics (recent article:
"Who Walks Out?: Entrepreneurship in a Global Economy")
Appointment for the promotion committee (vaste benoeming commite, HGL) for:
-----Dr. Dafna Schwartz at Guilford Glazer School of Business and Management, Ben Gurion University, Israel. August 2008.
-----Dr. Miri Lerner, Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yaffo, Israel. 2011.
- refereed (15)
- wetenschappelijk (6)
- vakpublicatie (3)
- overige (1)
- erkenning (4)
- supervised theses (1)
- working papers / preprints (6)
- Sun, Z., Vinig, T., & Hosman, T. D. (2017). The financing of Chinese outbound mergers and acquisitions: Is there a distortion between state-owned enterprises and privately owned enterprises? Research in International Business and Finance, 39(A), 377-388. DOI: 10.1016/j.ribaf.2016.09.005
- Zhao, L., & Vinig, T. (2017). Hedonic value and crowdfunding project performance: a propensity score matching-based analysis. Review of Behavioural Finance, 9(2), 169-186. DOI: 10.1108/RBF-09-2016-0059 [details]
- Vinig, G. T. (2016). Crowdfunding in China: The role of signaling and Guagxi in building trust. In ARM15 Conference
- Vinig, T., & Lips, D. (2015). Measuring the performance of university technology transfer using meta-data approach: The case of Dutch universities. Journal of Technology Transfer, 40(6), 1034-1049. DOI: 10.1007/s10961-014-9389-0 [details]
- Vinig, T., & Bossink, B. (2015). China indigenous innovation approach: The emergence of Chinese innovation theory? Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 27(6), 621-627. DOI: 10.1080/09537325.2015.1036537 [details]
- Vinig, G. T. (2010). University technology transfer - Comparative study of US, Europe and Australian universities. In A. Malach-Pines, & M. Ozbilgin (Eds.), Handbook of Research on High-Tech Entrepreneurship (pp. 179-209). Edward Elgar.
- He, B., Li, Z., & Vinig, T. (2010). Entrepreneurship, technological progress and resource allocation efficiency: a case of China. Journal of Chinese Entrepreneurship, 2(3), 242-254. DOI: 10.1108/17561391011078730 [details]
- Vinig, G. T., Li, Z., & van der Voort, R. C. W. (2005). Entrepreneurship as population Behavior. Evolutionary Game Analysis. Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research.
- Vinig, T., & van der Voort, R. (2005). Foreword: The Emergence of Entrepreneurial Economics. In G. T. Vinig, & R. C. W. van der Voort (Eds.), The Emergence of Entrepreneurial Economics (pp. xi-xvi). Amsterdam: Elsevier JAI.
- Vinig, G. T., & van der Voort, R. C. W. (2004). Cloning Silicon Valley - Path Dependence analysis. In M. Dowling, J. Schmude, & D. zu Knyphausen-Aufseß (Eds.), Advances in Interdisciplinary European Entrepreneurship Research, Gründungsforschung (pp. 99-120). (Gruendforschung; No. 3). Munster: LIT Verlag.
- Vinig, G. T. (2003). Cloning Silicon Valley – Path Dependence analysis, In Advances in interdisciplinary European entrepreneurship research LIT-Verlag.
- Vinig, G. T., & van der Voort, R. C. W. (2003). Cloning Silicon Valley - Path Dependence Analysis. In M. Dowling (Ed.), Advances in Interdisciplinary European Entrepreneurship Research Munster: LIT-Verlag. [details]
- Vinig, G. T. (2002). Creating a Successful Technology Sector - A causal model of the development of the high-tech sector in Israel in the 1990s. TIC : trends in communication, 10, 65-86. [details]
- Vinig, G. T., Blocq, R., Braafhart, J., & Laufer, O. (1998). De ontwikkeling van een succesvolle informatie en communicatietechnologie (ICT) industrie. Tijdschrift Management & Informatie, 4(6), 40-49. [details]
- Vinig, T., & van Rijsbergen, P. (2010). University technology transfer: comparative study of US, European and Australian universities. In A. Malach-Pines, & M. F. Özbilgin (Eds.), Handbook of research on high-technology entrepreneurs (pp. 179-209). Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. [details]
- Vinig, G. T. (Ed.), & van der Voort, R. C. W. (2005). The Emergence of Entrepreneurial Economics. (Research on technological innovation, management and policy; Vol. 9). Amsterdam: Elsevier JAI. [details]
- Vinig, G. T., Li, Z., & van der Voort, R. C. W. (2005). Entrepreneurship as Population Behavior - Evolutionary Game Analysis. In S. A. Zahra (Ed.), Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research 2005: Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth Annual Entrepreneurship Research Conference. Wellesly, MA: AMBCE.
- Vinig, G. T. (1999). Data and Knowledge Systems in the Netherlands. Den Haag: Ministerie van Economische Zaken, Dir. Alg.Technologiebeleid. [details]
- Vinig, G. T. (1998). Developing A Successful Information and Communication Technology Industry: The role of venture capital, knowledge and government. PrimaVera Working Paper, 98-01. [details]
- Vinig, G. T., Blocq, R., Braafhart, J., & Laufer, O. (1998). Developing a successful information and communication technology (ICT): The role of venture capital, knowledge base and the government. Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Information Systems. [details]
- Vinig, T. (2014). 犹太创业家: 揭秘犹太创业者的8大成功因素. Beijing: Ji xie gong ye chu ban she. [details]
- Vinig, G. T. (2005). Open Innovatie (OI) of Innovatie en Ondernemerschap (IO)? Essay for the Adviesraad voor het Wetenschaps en Technologiebeleid (Advisory Council of Science and Technology Policy of The Dutch government). Adviesraad voor het Wetenschaps en Technologiebeleid.
- Vinig, G. T., & de Haan, M. (2005). How do Venture Capitalists Screen Business Plans? Evidence from The Netherlands and the US. ICFAI Journal of Financial Economics, III(1), 60-69.
- Vinig, G. T., & Zheng, L. (2004). A game theory model for the choice to become entrepreneur. Paper presented at The Interdisciplinary European Conference on Entrepreneurship (IECER), .
- Vinig, T. (2016). Distinguished consultant.
- Vinig, T. (2014). Honorary professor.
- Vinig, T. (2010). Gold Medal Award.
- Vinig, T. (2003). Lecturer of the year.
- Song, Y. (2012). Network of networks: Uncovering the secrets of entrepreneurs' networks [details]
- Vinig, G. T., & Souren, F. G. M. (2007). Failure and entrepreneurship: A behavioral perspective. (Working Paper). Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam.
- Vinig, G. T., & de Kluijver, J. (2007). Globalization and entrepreneurship: Compairing country level indicators. (Working Paper). Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam.
- Yuan, N., & Vinig, G. T. (2007). Ownership Structure of Chinese SME's and the Challenges it Presents to Their Growth. (Primavera Working Paper, Universiteit van Amsterdam; No. 2007-02). Amsterdam: Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde.
- Chen, J., & Vinig, G. T. (2007). Entrepreneurship: An analytical thermodynamic theory. (PrimaVera Working Paper; No. 2007-01). Amsterdam: Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde.
- Chen, J., & Vinig, G. T. (2007). Entrepreneurship: An analytical thermodynamic theory. (Primavera Working Paper Series, Universiteit van Amsterdam; No. 2007-01). Amsterdam: Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde.
- Ning, Y., & Vinig, G. T. (2007). Ownership Structure of Chinese SME’s and the Challenges it Presents to Their Growth. (PrimaVera Working Paper; No. 2007-02). Amsterdam: Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfskunde.
Jilin University School of Economics