Postdoctoral researcher in Intellectual Property Law
Faculty of Law – Institute for Information Law
- 13 maart 2017
- €2,552 to €5,330 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 30 april 2017
- 30,4 hours per week
The Faculty of Law of the University of Amsterdam has an international orientation and is strongly engaged in society, which is reflected in both its research and education activities. The Faculty offers three Bachelor’s programmes and a number of Master’s programmes, two of which are taught exclusively in English. With its 3.500 students and 375 staff members, it is one of the largest law faculties in the Netherlands.
The Institute for Information Law (IViR) is an academic research institute that is part of the Faculty of Law of the University of Amsterdam. The institute is one of the largest research centers for information law in the world. The Institute currently employs over 40 researchers.
Project and job description
The researcher will independently lead and carry out a variety of research projects within the realm of IP law (with special focus on EU copyright law) in collaboration with other researchers of the Institute, under supervision of its Directors; will contribute substantively to the Institute’s publication record; will present research at international for a; and will initiate and pursue new research funding opportunities.
Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the research program of the institute.
- PhD in the field of intellectual property law, information law or related legal domain;
- proven experience in independently conducting legal research;
- academic publications;
- good knowledge of current developments in information markets and technology;
- creative mind and analytical intelligence;
- excellent writing and communication skills;
- capacity to work independently and in teams;
- capacity and willingness to identify and pursue research funding opportunities;
- fluency in English, both orally and in writing;
- passive knowledge of Dutch preferred, but not required.
For further information you may contact:
The vacancy is offered as a near full-time (0.8) position, but other arrangements are negotiable. Appointment is initially for two years, but may be extended conditional to sufficient funding. The gross full-time salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for postdoctoral researchers at Dutch universities, scales 10-12 (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) ranging from €2,552 tot €5,330 gross per month (full-time equivalent), depending on relevant prior experience. Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end of year bonus
You may submit your letter of application, accompanied by a curriculum vitae, before 1 May 2017, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of the selection committee. Please include jobreference number 17-109.
No agencies please