Assistant or Associate Professor in Big Data Statistics and Econometrics for Business
Economics and Business – Amsterdam Business School
- 8 juni 2018
- €3,475 to €6,438 gross per month
- 1 juli 2018
- 38 hours per week
The Amsterdam Business School (ABS) is part of the University of Amsterdam’s Faculty of Economics and Business. ABS Master in Business Administration was #1 ranked in 2016 and the school is internationally recognised triple-crown accredited. It has around 3,000 full-time students and 120 FTE academic staff. One of the school’s core focus areas is the application of Data Science in all areas of business studies: Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, HR, Accounting and Strategy.
To stimulate Big Data & Business Analytics, the school actively participates in Amsterdam Data Science, an all department initiative of the University of Amsterdam (UvA), the VU University Amsterdam , the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (HvA) and the Center for Mathematics & Computer Science (CWI). Within Amsterdam Data Science, a large number of research projects on Data Science take place, both with a theoretical focus and with an applied / industrial focus.
The school further participates in an university-wide Minor in Data Science at Bachelor level, a Master track in Digital Business, a Big Data track within the Master Econometrics, a MBA in Big Data & Business Analytics and several post-graduate programmes on Big Data & Business Analytics, including programmes on industrial statistics and Lean Six Sigma.
Finally, the school participates in the Tinbergen Institute, a globally top 5% ranked institute for (Business) Economic and Econometric research of the University of Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The new tenure-track Assistant or Associate professor is a specialist in Statistics and Econometrics, with a focus on Business Applications.
The job consists of:
- teaching Statistics, Econometrics and preferably also Machine Learning courses and thesis supervision at Bachelor, Master and PhD thesis level. Time dedicated to teaching activities will be around 50% of total working time;
- conducting Research Projects related to the applications of Statistics and Econometrics to Business problems. Application may be in any relevant domain of business, including Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, HR or Strategy. Time dedicated to research activities will be around 50% of total working time;
- attracting governmental and industry funding for these projects;
- some managerial tasks.
To qualify for the position, you should:
- have a PhD in Econometrics, Statistics or (Applied) Mathematic;
- have published and/or submitted articles to international top-tier journals;
- have demonstrated excellent teaching skills;
- have shown success in attracting research grants and/or industry sponsored projects;
- possess a relevant international academic and/or industry network;
Applicants for the associate professor position should have:
- at least 4 to 6 years experience at assistant professor level;
- managerial experience in teaching and research
For further information about this position you may contact:
- professor Ronald Does, chair of the search committee
We offer a challenging job with ample opportunity for personal development in an attractive international work environment. ABS is a growing, research driven business school at an internationally recognized university that has the ambition to become a leading international player in the field of management research and education. ABS is located in the heart of Amsterdam, the cultural and financial capital of the Netherlands. Amsterdam offers a cosmopolitan living environment with excellent connections to the rest of the world.
The appointee at the assistant professor level will be offered a tenure track position for six years. Upon meeting the tenure track criteria, a permanent contract as Associate Professor will be offered.
Salary will be in accordance with Dutch academic salary scales and include a pension scheme. A substantial reduction in income tax (equal to 30% of taxable salary) may apply to non-Dutch candidates. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
You should submit a complete curriculum vitae, cover letter, two research papers (published or unpublished), teaching evaluations (if available) and three reference letters. You may apply via the link below. Please include job reference number 18-336. Please send your application before 2 July 2018. #LI-DNP
No agencies please