For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

Apply for your visa

International students only

If you are from outside the EU / EEA or Switzerland, you will need a visa and/or residence permit to study in The Netherlands. Which one you will need depends on your nationality. 

You will be invited by email to start the online visa/residence application and final registration procedure at the UvA. On the website below you can find more detailed information on visa and residence permits.


For questions about these procedures feel free to contact the UvA Student Service Desk.