For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Working at the UvA

After obtaining your PhD

PhD graduates wishing to stay in the Netherlands after their graduation, might be eligible for the ‘Admission Scheme for Highly Educated Persons’. Under this scheme, foreign nationals are allowed to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands with the aim of finding a job as a highly skilled migrant, or to set up an innovative company.

Under the scheme, you are free to take up paid (or unpaid) employment. You are not allowed to apply for any state benefits during your stay. If you do, your residence permit may be revoked.

The application form for this scheme can be found on the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

Immigration and Naturalisation Service