For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Working at the UvA

Working possibilities for partners

When coming to the Netherlands to work for a longer period of time, you may want to bring your other half with you. But what about your partner? Can he or she work in the Netherlands as well?

The general rule is quite simple: as regards to work, your partner has the same rights as you. This means that if your residence permit allows you to work without a work permit, your partner does not need one either. Likewise, if you are only allowed to work with a work permit, your partner will need one too. Your partner’s future employer is responsible for the work permit application.

However, there are some exceptions to this rule. These can be fairly complicated. For more information, please contact SIO.

Below is a list of agencies which typically recruit for placements that do not require knowledge of the Dutch language.

List of recruitment agencies