For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Working at the UvA

Registering with the IND

If you are a citizen of a EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you do not need a visa or residence permit to stay in the Netherlands. However, if you will be staying in the Netherlands for longer than 3 months, it is advisable that you register with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND). Upon registration you will be issued a registration statement (verklaring van inschrijving). Registration is free of charge.

You may have to show this IND proof of registration when you take out health insurance or, for example, if you apply for a mortgage.

Registration takes places at the IND Amsterdam, Stadhouderskade 85, 1073 AT Amsterdam. 

The opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30-17:00 by appointment only. To arrange an appointment, call the service number 0900-1234561.