For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Bekijk de site in het Nederlands

The University of Amsterdam (UvA) has achieved 30th place in the Arts and Humanities category of the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings. In addition, the UvA has come 68th in the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT) rankings.

The University of Amsterdam (UvA) has achieved 30th place in the Arts and Humanities category of the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings. In addition, the UvA has come 68th in the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT) rankings.

In the Arts and Humanities category of the THE rankings, universities are assessed on teaching, citations, research, international outlook and industry income. These are the same criteria that are assessed in the overall THE World University Rankings. On 6 October 2011, it was announced that the UvA had climbed from 165th to 92nd place in the overall THE rankings.

HEEACT Rankings

This year, the UvA has come 68th in the HEEACT rankings, also known as the 'Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities'. This ranking system evaluates scientific papers from the top 500 universities in the world. Their performance is based on eight indicators that fall under three criteria: research productivity (20% of the total score), research impact (30%) and research excellence (50%). The HEEACT rankings focus primarily on the medical and natural sciences, and, to a lesser extent, the social sciences.