The plan starts with the UvA’s core values and main challenges. From these flow six cohesive ambitions:
- Education & Research: we continue to deliver top quality across the board
- Students: we invest in excellent and inspiring education
- Partners: we enhance our work through external cooperation
- Responsibility: we put our public values into practice
- Staff: we are a magnet for talent
- Organisation: we are agile thanks to our process and governance design
In the plan these ambitions are further elaborated on and concrete steps are set out on the way to a culture in which these ambitions can be realised. We have six years to do this, which means we don’t need to do everything right away.
How was the new plan created?
As much as possible, since the start of the process in the summer of 2019, The new strategic plan has been created in cooperation with the university’s community. At several moments and in several ways, even since the midterm review of the 2015 – 2020 Strategic Plan, employees and students have joined discussions, provided feedback and contributed to the creation of the plan. Sometimes through targeted invitations, sometimes by giving everyone the opportunity to provide ideas and opinions in a way that best suits them. For example through round-table discussions, various informal sessions, a conference in the Rode Hoed in November 2019 and digital means such as the online platform “Have your say at the UvA”. The plan is for, and by, the entire UvA, which is why it is important that everyone had the opportunity to contribute. The representative advisory body had the final say through their right of consent.
The faculties are currently working on their Faculty strategic plans. Information about these will be provided by the faculties.