1. During the enrolment procedure
Moving to a different country or city may seem like a hassle. Student Services helps you through the procedures. Starting with the enrolment procedure - while you're still abroad:
- Arranging a visa/residence permit (if applicable)
- Signing up for the introduction programmes
- Preparing for your arrival in Amsterdam
2. During the Start appointment
After you've successfully submitted your file for immigration, you will be invited to book a Start Appointment during which we will take care of:
- Your student card
- Your residence permit (not applicable to EU/EEA students)
- Registering with the municipality of Amsterdam (or Diemen), which will provide you with a BSN number (social security number)
- Receive information on how to open a Dutch bank account
- Information on the UvA and Amsterdam and, of course, any further questions you may have.
- Registration for an All-inclusive Start appointments will open end of November.
- Registration for a Regular Start appointment will open mid-December.
Read more about your Start appointment