Student Services will help you through the necessary procedures at the start of your UvA career.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the corona virus situation the Pick-up days, planned for 14 and 17 August 2020, have now been cancelled. We are looking into the possibilities to offer several services online to ensure a soft-landing for our students coming to Amsterdam. We will provide more information as soon as the current situation allows us.
1. During the enrolment procedure
Moving to a different country or city may seem like a hassle. Student Services helps you through the procedures. Starting with the enrolment procedure - while you're still abroad:
- Arranging a visa/residence permit (if applicable)
- Signing up for the introduction programmes
- Preparing for your arrival in Amsterdam
2. During the Start appointment
After you've successfully submitted your file for immigration, you will be invited to book a Start Appointment during which we will take care of:
- Your student card
- Your residence permit (not applicable to EU/EEA students)
- Registering with the municipality of Amsterdam (or Diemen), which will provide you with a BSN number (social security number)
- Receive information on how to open a Dutch bank account
- Information on the UvA and Amsterdam and, of course, any further questions you may have.
Registration is closed
At this moment, registration is closed. During the months before enrolment in September 2020, registration is open.