Future proof the skills of your Generation Z students
After educating cohorts of millennials, the first Generation Z students now apply to study abroad. Born in the tail of the nineties or early 2000’s, they grew up in an uncertain and interconnected world. As millennials they assert themselves as global citizens indicating that ‘having passion’ for work is the most important thing.
However, coming in second, this value is immediately followed by ‘employability’. They work hard to graduate within four years and at the same time build an extensive resume showing all the skills needed for the modern workplace.
The 2020 edition - Truly global classroom
In our quest to cater for this generation of entrepreneurial world innovators, the University of Amsterdam and the University of Edinburgh welcome participants to attend the 2020 International Staff Week to develop a truly global classroom.
Starting in Edinburgh, UK, and proceeding midweek to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the delegates will be immersed in an interactive learning environment enabling them to:
- Develop personal and professional skills relating to cutting edge topics in student support
- Participate in various social and cultural events
- Network with colleagues from a wide range of international institutions
What to expect
To get an idea about the structure of the International Staff Week 2020, please download the preliminary programme.
The costs to participate in the International Staff Week are €300. This includes participation in the programme, lunch throughout the week, except on the Wednesday, and two evening dinners. Hotel costs and airfare are not included.
We are pleased to offer a fee waiver to participants of U21 and LERU partner institutions.
Registration period and deadline
- The staff training week is open to all staff members of our partner and prospective partner universities who work in the field of internationalisation.
- Unfortunately, we do not have enough capacity to accept those who work in other areas.
- A maximum of 2 participants per university will be considered to ensure diversity of the group.
- If we receive more applications than spaces available, the University of Amsterdam and the University of Edinburgh will undertake a selection process and will ensure that the selected representatives are the best match for our staff week theme.
- Registration is open from 1 December 2019 up till and including 31 January 2020.
- Confirmation of selected and non-selected delegates will be sent by email the first week of February 2020.
- To register, please complete and submit the registration form (starting 1 December).
Registration for the International Staff Week 2020 is now closed.
If you have any questions about the International Staff Week or registration, please email email@example.com.